Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Once again, silence settled between the two of them, although this time it was more contented. Eclipse shifted again, her thoughts swirling maddeningly in the long pause.
"We should probably get some rest," she murmured, glancing back at Sol.

@_-Captain BRM-_
Sol sighed, settling to the ground, looking fondly at Tobias.
"He's going to be so sore when he wakes up." The dragon shook his head, glancing back at Eclipse. "Have you- have you seen his arm? Did you hear what happened?"

honestly it scared me a lil lol! also quick PSA; THANK YALL FOR NOT BEING MAD AT MEEEEEEEEEE i know i've been AWOL a lot lately but....... i'll blame life (and myself cause I can't make excuses lol)
Okay I'll try to figure out what to do with Neoma soon, I need to go back and figure out all her stuff first...... ;-; wish me luck
Nemo, *yay!*

I love Neoma's story line, and I've been dying to see where it goes.

Also, thank you for keeping us updated on your whereabouts and not just peacing out. It's obvious that you want to pursue the RP and continue writing, life just has a way of directing you elsewhere. But I'm glad you have a job, and I certainly hope to enjoy the work.

Eclipse shook her head.
"I saw it, a little, but not really. What happened?"

@_-Captain BRM-_
"Weeeiiird stuff. Rose- the, uh, I guess this dragon from the Rebellion, well, she literally had to... I guess burn him to save him, and I really need more details." Sol gave an embarrassed dip of his head. "But I don't... It's pretty bad, right? So I'm kinda nervous he's going to.. loose his whole arm. Which would be... Unfortunate."

"It's a blessing. Obviously compassion is something I've lacked for years. Which-... Is why I could fight in the arena with no inner qualms. Sick, but true. It's not a sign of weakness." He narrowed his eyes in a skeptical, yet playful manner. "You seem.. hesitant. And confused?"

"I-..."
Eclipse shook her head, dropping her gaze to the ground, guilt clawing at her chest.
"I've... I've killed dragons before too," she whispered, swallowing back the tightness in her throat.
"I trained myself to be able to mentally handle it. I've killed so many of the hunters. Until I came to the Den, I never realized how many of them might have been forced into that life. Few of them probably even deserved to die for it."

@_-Captain BRM-_

"And, ta-da, you are compassionate. I think you see this situation through their eyes, but you read them incorrectly. The NightWings choose to serve. They condition their young. And if someone steps out of line, the labs have methods. I don't know much about your life, Eclipse. I unfortunately can't speak knowledgeably on your past experiences. But I can't imagine you weren't innocent."

He wouldn't let the fact that murder by her own talons upset Eclipse so much. Maybe he should feel worse than he already did.
But then again, maybe falling into depression was inevitably in his immediate future.

Eclipse glanced around the transport, watching to see if anyone was listening in.
"I never realized how much I actually regretted it," she breathed quietly. "I suppose maybe I did have a bit of a tribal grudge. For Nightwings. I wish I'd never let it go so far though."
She turned back to Sol, locking gazes with him again. Something flickered in the depths of his eyes- regret? Guilt? Both?
"Did you ever hate Nightwings like that? For... for ruining your life? Bringing you to the Den in the first place?"

@_-Captain BRM-_

Eclipse looked away sharply.
"But- you don't think that way now, do you? Not anymore?"
She didn't look at him.

@_-Captain BRM-_

Silence fell between the two of them again. Eclipse wrestled with her swirling thoughts, feeling awkward, and her gaze slowly drifted toward Tobias.
"He said something about wishing there was a compromise. Wishing we could all get along." She lifted her thread to stare at the ceiling again.
"Do you think it's actually possible?"
Sunspot stretched her neck up suddenly, gaping her jaws and baring her teeth in a yawn. “Alllright, enough emotional bonding,” she said. “It’s gross and weird and nobody wants to hear it.” She gave Sol a hard look, flicking an ear.

“How do you not know your own tribes history?” she asked him. “You’re like- the Prince or whatever. How could a prince be so clueless?”

Nemo, *yay!*

I love Neoma's story line, and I've been dying to see where it goes.

Also, thank you for keeping us updated on your whereabouts and not just peacing out. It's obvious that you want to pursue the RP and continue writing, life just has a way of directing you elsewhere. But I'm glad you have a job, and I certainly hope to enjoy the work.
I plan on picking up writing more now, which includes this rp again. I've been at work for a little over two months now, so I think I have stuff figured out enough to live life in its new normality.
I want to keep writing and such, it's just so crazy rn, so I can't thank y'all enough for giving me space to grow and make mistakes while still waiting here for me. It means a lot, even though I've never gotten the honor of meeting y'all in real life.
Screens don't hide souls, sometimes they show the true beauty of a person because there's no face to judge, just the words someone has always wanted to say.
And y'all's souls are fascinatingly stunning.
I think you all have twisted souls, which is a compliment to me. A twisted soul isn't one thing or one attribute, it's made up of so many things.
And you all have such twisted souls of patience, kindness, encouragement, happiness, and so many other things.
If for some reason I've never managed to tell you all how incredible you are, I hope you can see how much I mean it.
Maybe I'm just feeling extra sentimental tonight, or maybe the kindness of y'all's patience is really just whacking me in the face, either way;
From one faceless person to another, y'all are amazing. I hope anyone and everyone believes me.
I love telling others how awesome they are, and I haven't done that enough for y'all, especially with how understanding you have been!!!
<3

Sunspot stretched her neck up suddenly, gaping her jaws and baring her teeth in a yawn. “Alllright, enough emotional bonding,” she said. “It’s gross and weird and nobody wants to hear it.” She gave Sol a hard look, flicking an ear.

“How do you not know your own tribes history?” she asked him. “You’re like- the Prince or whatever. How could a prince be so clueless?”
Eclipse jumped as Sunspot spoke, the warping scales beneath her eyes flaring in embarrassment at the Solarwing's words.
"I thought you were asleep," she said without thinking, shifting away from Sol and then standing up.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@-Kiwi-

I plan on picking up writing more now, which includes this rp again. I've been at work for a little over two months now, so I think I have stuff figured out enough to live life in its new normality.
I want to keep writing and such, it's just so crazy rn, so I can't thank y'all enough for giving me space to grow and make mistakes while still waiting here for me. It means a lot, even though I've never gotten the honor of meeting y'all in real life.
Screens don't hide souls, sometimes they show the true beauty of a person because there's no face to judge, just the words someone has always wanted to say.
I think you all have twisted souls, which is a compliment to me. A twisted soul isn't one thing or one attribute, it's made up of so many things.
And you all have such twisted souls of patience, kindness, encouragement, happiness, and so many other things.
If for some reason I've never managed to tell you all how incredible you are, I hope you can see how much I mean it.
Maybe I'm just feeling extra sentimental tonight, or maybe the kindness of y'all's patience is really just whacking me in the face, either way;
From one faceless person to another, y'all are amazing. I hope anyone and everyone believes me.
I love telling others how awesome they are, and I haven't done that enough for y'all, especially with how understanding you have been!!!
<3
This actually almost made me cry 🥹

"Well then." Sol gave the SolarWing an amused, condescending look, pushing away from Eclipse and repositioning himself towards Tobias. "I don't actually remember asking for your, uh, opinion- on the matter-" he gave Eclipse a confused glance, "did I- did I ask- her? Like, a question, or... Or is she just annoying without even needing to be provoked?" He rolled his eyes, dropping Eclipse's gaze. "I'm fine speaking with you, but I'll be glad to throw back every sarcastic comment you make. Maybe consider changing this garbage attitude and behave remotely civilized. Please." He forced a wry grin, baring his teeth.

<3
Stop making me Feel Things in my Heart. I’m happy you’re figuring yourself out Lydia, and you’re always welcome here :)
Eclipse jumped as Sunspot spoke, the warping scales beneath her eyes flaring in embarrassment at the Solarwing's words.
"I thought you were asleep," she said without thinking, shifting away from Sol and then standing up.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@-Kiwi-
“You guys talk too loud,” Sunspot responded shortly.

Back
Top Bottom