Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Leur had noticed both Sol and August almost immediately. She did not make eye contact, directing her attention towards the shining LunarWing, then Winter.
"You wanna get that, Ria?" The SnowWing asked.
"No." She said, moving away from the trailer. She rounded the trailer, rapping knuckles against the Trucker's door. He opened it. She pushed food and bottled water into his dry hands, watching as the dragons exited the trailer. When Sol didn't appear in the group, she walked back around, and she climbed into the trailer, albeit with a begrudging air.
"I'll carry him." She said, feeling Sol's eyes drill into the back of her head as she knelt and lifted the unconscious man.
She exited the trailer, and the red dragon followed.
Eclipse watched the new human suspiciously, the trailer now emptied of everyone except her, Sol, Tobias, and Shard. Sol was watching the new human like an agitated hawk, his eyes pinned on her like spears as she lifted Tobias off the ground and started toward the back of the transport. Eclipse waited for Sol to exit before she slowly followed, keeping her wings folded tightly against her side and over Shard.
Dim moonlight washed over her scales as she gracefully stepped onto the hard pavement outside, her scales illuminating like polished silver as the pale light touched them. Eclipse glanced up at the night sky, disappointed to find the stars once again muted by city lights.
"Where are we," she said quietly, glancing down at the new human.

@_-Captain BRM-_

Eclipse stepped back toward the wall as the dragons inside the transport began filing out. Shard remained tucked beneath her wing, the small dragonet pressing against her side nervously as the lights in the truck flicked off, leaving only the dim light spilling from the open doors. The Lunarwing quickly scanned the group, her eyes adjusting quickly.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@-Kiwi-
@Yukiko
@Blue Raptor
@SarcasticDrag0n
@Little Baby Bean
Hibiscus stood, stretching her aching wings as she exited the truck. She looked around her, sparing Cas a brief smile as she passed the SkyWing. Her stomach churned at the thought of the conversation she'd had with him and Sol before they'd left the first Checkpoint. She really wished that hadn't happened.
She paused by a snow-white dragon at the entrance to the truck.
"Hey there. I hate to sound like a dummy, but, uh, what happens now?" she asked him.

@Blue Raptor
@_-Captain BRM-_

Eclipse watched the new human suspiciously, the trailer now emptied of everyone except her, Sol, Tobias, and Shard. Sol was watching the new human like an agitated hawk, his eyes pinned on her like spears as she lifted Tobias off the ground and started toward the back of the transport. Eclipse waited for Sol to exit before she slowly followed, keeping her wings folded tightly against her side and over Shard.
Dim moonlight washed over her scales as she gracefully stepped onto the hard pavement outside, her scales illuminating like polished silver as the pale light touched them. Eclipse glanced up at the night sky, disappointed to find the stars once again muted by city lights.
"Where are we," she said quietly, glancing down at the new human.

@_-Captain BRM-_
"Possibility." Leuria answered, keeping her eyes ahead, Tobias limp in her arms. Sol walked steadily beside her. "What, did I grow a third eye," she said bluntly.
Sol didn't react.
"Do you always stare at people like that?"
Sol released a growling sigh.
Leuria moved deeper into the bunker, the SolarWing on her heels. She entered a small room with a cot and a sink, and she laid Tobias down. She stepped back. Sol stood rigid beside her.
"Is he dying?" She asked in a low tone.
Sol didn't answer.
"I'll help you. So, keep him alive." She moved to the doorway, then into the hall. There were so many dragons mingling about, and she recognized none. Leuria continued into the main open hangar, spotting both Winter and Raptor conversing with a couple of new arrivals. Raptor looked utterly exhausted. Leuria joined them, waiting until she could catch a moment to speak with the SandWing hybrid.

@Blue Raptor
@-Shade-

@-Kiwi- @SarcasticDrag0n @Crestcrazy2 @Yukiko @-Shade- @Harmonylight @Little Baby Bean @Mary Poopins Love @TheWasp
(Finally time for the checkpoint scene if your character is here! This truck is Sol and his gang, the ones with Shrike are already here)

It was well past midnight by now. Winter could hardly keep his eyes open, but finally the last truck rolled up. He gave a weak attempt at a grin to Leuria. “Ready for the last one?” He asked, and the large vehicle came to a stop. The truck driver waited as Winter opened the back doors, waving to the dragons inside to come out.
“Come on,” he said tiredly, and caught sight of Tobias. Winter looked at Leuria and tilted his head at the man. “You wanna get that Ria?” He asked absently, and without waiting for a proper response, walked towards the bunker house door.
Whoop whoop!

Dred stuck close by the rest of the Mudwings once outside but found it hard to fit in, this was a sib group. They had to have been luckiest team to have been thrown together by chance, all three siblings in one fighting team. Or maybe it was intentional.
Either way they didn’t seem keen on allowing another Mudwing in, especially an un-sib.
He spotted almost the entire group he'd escaped with nearby, all gathering around the Mighty Sol.

Helios was watching from the roof of a truck parked nearby, his crimson scales blending well with the orange artificial lights and the darkness of the night. He was still angry, fuming even. But Sol was ok and so was the human, which, was apparently very important to Sol.

"Possibility." Leuria answered, keeping her eyes ahead, Tobias limp in her arms. Sol walked steadily beside her. "What, did I grow a third eye," she said bluntly.
Sol didn't react.
Leuria moved deeper into the bunker, the SolarWing on her heels. She entered a small room with a cot and a sink, and she laid Tobias down. She stepped back. Sol stood rigid beside her.
Sol didn't answer.
"I'll help you. So, keep him alive." She moved to the doorway, then into the hall. There were so many dragons mingling about, and she recognized none. Leuria continued into the main open hangar, spotting both Winter and Raptor conversing with a couple of new arrivals. Raptor looked utterly exhausted. Leuria joined them, waiting until she could catch a moment to speak with the SandWing hybrid.

@Blue Raptor
@-Shade-
"Great," Eclipse growled sarcastically, glancing back up at the yellowed sky.
I can't get away from these cities fast enough, she thought bitterly as she trailed behind Sol and the human, feeling ignored. She kept her ears pricked towards them, listening in slight interest. Apparently, Sol knew this human. And he didn't seem to like her. Eclipse's tail twitched slightly as she watched the strange interaction.
The Lunarwing followed the two into the strange building, her spines lifted nervously halfway. Other dragons were wandering around the space, most of the remaining ones scared or injured in some way.
Eclipse watched the human stride away, cocking her head in Sol's direction once she was out of earshot.
"What was that all about?"

@_-Captain BRM-_
(y'all, my writing sucks lately)

Kapok flopped down on the ground close to one of the walls.
Dragons filed in and out of the space from the transports, many of them dispersing quickly and flying away, others resting throughout the checkpoint's limited space.
Kapok would technically be considered one of the ones scheduled to leave, but he'd decided to stay with Shrike. Very few Cloudwings who had escaped the Den could currently fly, and Shrike was no exception to that. The Leafwing felt obligated to stay with the smaller dragon, sure, for his own comfort, but more out of loyalty. Shrike had stuck with him ever since the two of them had been thrown together in the Den, and Kapok had decided to uphold that partnership, even now that they were free.
The Leafwing strained his neck to see through the bustling crowd, spotting the Cloudwing a short distance away and signaling him over with one wing, unsure if Shrike had actually seen him.

@Blue Raptor
Shrike had lost Kapok for a moment in the craziness of the situation, and he searched the crowd for the LeafWing’s familiar large shape.
He noticed a wing go up, and instantly knew who’s it was. At that same moment, he felt a talon tread on his tail feathers, and whipped his head towards the dragon, a talon lifted defensively. “Hey watch it ya jerk!” He hissed, but whoever had done it had already moved on, and a RainWing and SkyWing hybrid both turned to look at him like he was mad.
Shrike growled, and quickly bustled over to where he’d seen Kapok’s signal.
Shrike walked up to his counterpart, looking agitated. “Do we really wanna stay here?” He grumbled to the large dragon, “I’d rather sleep under a streetlamp or in the middle of the road than with these bumbling fools.”
Hibiscus stood, stretching her aching wings as she exited the truck. She looked around her, sparing Cas a brief smile as she passed the SkyWing. Her stomach churned at the thought of the conversation she'd had with him and Sol before they'd left the first Checkpoint. She really wished that hadn't happened.
She paused by a snow-white dragon at the entrance to the truck.
"Hey there. I hate to sound like a dummy, but, uh, what happens now?" she asked him.

@Blue Raptor
@_-Captain BRM-_
The furry dragon gave her a tired grin. “Well, you could go down into the bunker if you need medical help or food. Most dragons who’re ready to leave have already. We’ve pretty much got all of the sick, hurt, and old dragons and stuff left,” Winter blinked several times; it was hard to focus on the dragoness, “you guys are the last ones left, so if the ends up being any space left you could probably end up staying here for the night. I’d ask Raptor if there’s any space left.” He paused for a moment, looking over the crowd, before suddenly realizing Hibiscus would have no idea who he was talking about.
“Uh, she’s..” he waved a talon, “over there somewhere. I dunno. Sand/IceWing hybrid.”

Sol didn't react.
Sol didn't answer.

@Blue Raptor
@-Shade-
Raptor finished informing a pair of dragons where the water bottles were, and offered them a halfhearted smile before turning to Leuria.
“That’s the last one, right?” She said, her tone low and signifying that she was over it.

Raptor finished informing a pair of dragons where the water bottles were, and offered them a halfhearted smile before turning to Leuria.
“That’s the last one, right?” She said, her tone low and signifying that she was over it.
"I hope. You need to go and.." Leuria waved her towards the bunker, "recharge. You look like someone ran you over with a truck." She gave a wry smile.

"Great," Eclipse growled sarcastically, glancing back up at the yellowed sky.
I can't get away from these cities fast enough, she thought bitterly as she trailed behind Sol and the human, feeling ignored. She kept her ears pricked towards them, listening in slight interest. Apparently, Sol knew this human. And he didn't seem to like her. Eclipse's tail twitched slightly as she watched the strange interaction.
The Lunarwing followed the two into the strange building, her spines lifted nervously halfway. Other dragons were wandering around the space, most of the remaining ones scared or injured in some way.
Eclipse watched the human stride away, cocking her head in Sol's direction once she was out of earshot.
"What was that all about?"

@_-Captain BRM-_
(y'all, my writing sucks lately)
Sol cocked his head, moving to Tobias' side.
"Nothing." He said. He pulled Tobias' shirt back, revealing a bruised, blood crusted chest. "I was just startled," Sol whispered softly, "that's all."

Back
Top Bottom