Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Cas shrugged. “Yeah, but I’m kind of out-of-the-house now I guess. No point in going back other than visiting you know?” He shrugged again, casually. “What’s wrong with your family though? Are they evil?” He tried to hide a grin.
"True." Hibiscus nodded. She caught the mischievous glint in Cas' eye and couldn't help but smile. "No, they're not evil. I don't have any siblings and.. well, let's just say I wasn't the best of children. I could be a handful. I went through quite the rebellious phase before running away. My parents were very overbearing." She paused, her eyes glazed over as she remembered. The spell broke and she shrugged. "Some dragons just aren't meant to be parents, y'know?"
She took a huge bite off of her fish to stop herself from saying more.

Sol watched every rise of Tobias' chest, syncing his breaths to the human. Tobias did look calm, and he did look peaceful. He wouldn't die. He couldn't die. Sol couldn't remember the last time he had felt so frightened. The thought made him shiver, because then he could suddenly think of a time he had felt so alone and victimized and scared, and it made him sick. Tobias had saved him then, and Tobias would save him now if he just- woke... up...
The dragon swallowed, hating to second guess himself. He was so useless. Tobias owned his undying loyalty. Oh, how Sol wished he could do something with it. What he could do was find help. Harper hadn't come back. Maybe she would.
Sol took a sharp breath, chasing back the stressful mindset. He wished to think rationally, but a time for well reasoned thoughts had long since passed, drowned in tension.
Sol took a deep breath, effectively calming his wandering mind. His eyes glanced lazily over black lines of the damask rose stained into the man's torso. He could remember when Tobias had gotten the tattoo. When Tobias loved it, then regretted it, then loved it again. Sol's expression flickered fondly.
He reached a wing towards Tobias and gently prodded at the man's bandaged arm. It was cold, and Sol recoiled.
Someone appeared in the doorway to his left and Sol glanced over. It was Gen, and Sol didn't know whether to feel excepting or protective. The black hybrid neared, his black eyes glistening.
Sol straightened and stared the dragon dead in the eye. "Where have you been,"
Gen's head cocked. "Your father took to the sky, and so I followed him." His voice wasn't unkind.
"Helios?"
Gen didn't reply.
Sol dropped his gaze, and Gen padded softly to the SolarWing's side. They both watched Tobias.
"Was he shot?" Gen said.
Sol swallowed. "I-... I don't know."
Gen reached towards Tobias with a talon, and Sol stiffened. Gen slowed, but he did not stop.
The hybrid rubbed away dried blood, and he surveyed with a critical eye.
Sol cleared his throat. "Have you-... Have you been in The Den all this time, then?"
The black SandWing didn't reply, and he repositioned himself near Tobias' head and ran his talons slowly across the man's ribs. He repeated the motion a few times, then rolled Tobias over, and the man began to stir, yet he did not wake.
"I've been in The Den." Gen said in answer. He scraped away more dried blood.
Sol gave a quick nod, watching the SandWing's talons poke and push meticulously. Gen rolled Tobias onto his back, reaching for the man's arm.
"He broke three ribs." Gen said.
Sol frowned. "He did not break a thing."
Gen peeled back bandages, revealing the wound. It stretched to the shoulder, blisters and welts, and pockets of blood trapped beneath the skin. His wrist was pale gray. Gen ran his talon lightly across Tobias' forearm, his expression darkening. He pushed against the grey skin again, then pulled away sharply.
"It burns." He muttered. "The cold burns."
"What does it mean?" Sol whispered.
Gen lifted Tobias' arm and pushed back his fingers, extending each one.
"He needs human assistance."
Sol gave a weary nod. "I know."
Gen glanced at the SolarWing, then gently laid Tobias' arm back down against the cot.
They were silent for a while.
"He will not die." Gen said, and Sol looked at him. "His ribs are bent, but they did not puncture inwardly. The bullet missed his lungs. If there was internal bleeding he would have died already." The SandWing continued to look down at the man. "His arm is ruined, and he won't use it again."
Sol nodded. "He won't die."
"No." Gen agreed.

(and this is how I procrastinate Heart and Sol, thank you, thank you all very much, yah, hubba hubba baby-)

Sol took a deep breath, effectively calming his wandering mind. His eyes glanced lazily over black lines of the damask rose stained into the man's torso. He could remember when Tobias had gotten the tattoo. When Tobias loved it, then regretted it, then loved it again. Sol's expression flickered fondly.
He reached a wing towards Tobias and gently prodded at the man's bandaged arm. It was cold, and Sol recoiled.
Someone appeared in the doorway to his left and Sol glanced over. It was Gen, and Sol didn't know whether to feel excepting or protective. The black hybrid neared, his black eyes glistening.
Gen's head cocked. "Your father took to the sky, and so I followed him." His voice wasn't unkind.
"Helios?"
Gen didn't reply.
Sol dropped his gaze, and Gen padded softly to the SolarWing's side. They both watched Tobias.
"Was he shot?" Gen said.
Gen reached towards Tobias with a talon, and Sol stiffened. Gen slowed, but he did not stop.
Sol cleared his throat. "Have you-... Have you been in The Den all this time, then?"
The black SandWing didn't reply, and he repositioned himself near Tobias' head and ran his talons slowly across the man's ribs. He repeated the motion a few times, then rolled Tobias over, and the man began to stir, yet he did not wake.
Sol gave a quick nod, watching the SandWing's talons poke and push meticulously. Gen rolled Tobias onto his back, reaching for the man's arm.
Gen peeled back bandages, revealing the wound. It stretched to the shoulder, blisters and welts, and pockets of blood trapped beneath the skin. His wrist was pale gray. Gen ran his talon lightly across Tobias' forearm, his expression darkening. He pushed against the grey skin again, then pulled away sharply.
Gen glanced at the SolarWing, then gently laid Tobias' arm back down against the cot.
"He will not die." Gen said, and Sol looked at him. "His ribs are bent, but they did not puncture inwardly. The bullet missed his lungs. If there was internal bleeding he would have died already." The SandWing continued to look down at the man. "His arm is ruined, and he won't use it again."
"No." Gen agreed.

(and this is how I procrastinate Heart and Sol, thank you, thank you all very much, yah, hubba hubba baby-)
Ngl, I really love this so much 💀 but I really do have to STOP PROCRASTINATINGGGGG ☠️

Rose awoke to the jolts of potholes, sending a wave of agony over her. She couldn’t remember anything for a moment and started to panic when all she could see was darkness, but her eyes adjusted and she was able to glance outside of the trailer walls. She remembered now, the escape, the gunfire, the trip across the desert, Ferrin. Everything.
The door opened slowly and a girthy man stepped aside to allow her out. He was obviously just hired help, probably hadn’t been close to many free dragons by the slightly terrified look on his face.
Thank you.” She offered, and he nodded back. She couldn’t put weight on her back leg, but it didn’t hurt as bad now. It seemed they had gotten all the bullet fragments and bandaged it up fairly well while she had been unconscious in Ferrins lab.
The huge amount of dragons around her was exciting and terrifying at the same time, so many ways for the hunters to spot the escapees and so many freed dragons. It was dangerous, but thrilling. No one she knew was around, the many faces she could see ignored her in favor of more important matters. Rose began to walk through the crowd slowly, limping with every step.

"Helios?"
Gen didn't reply.
"Was he shot?" Gen said.
"No." Gen agreed.

If you want, the doctor Helios kidnapped could help. He’s nearby!

Rose awoke to the jolts of potholes, sending a wave of agony over her. She couldn’t remember anything for a moment and started to panic when all she could see was darkness, but her eyes adjusted and she was able to glance outside of the trailer walls. She remembered now, the escape, the gunfire, the trip across the desert, Ferrin. Everything.
The door opened slowly and a girthy man stepped aside to allow her out. He was obviously just hired help, probably hadn’t been close to many free dragons by the slightly terrified look on his face.
Thank you.” She offered, and he nodded back. She couldn’t put weight on her back leg, but it didn’t hurt as bad now. It seemed they had gotten all the bullet fragments and bandaged it up fairly well while she had been unconscious in Ferrins lab.
The huge amount of dragons around her was exciting and terrifying at the same time, so many ways for the hunters to spot the escapees and so many freed dragons. It was dangerous, but thrilling. No one she knew was around, the many faces she could see ignored her in favor of more important matters. Rose began to walk through the crowd slowly, limping with every step.
Monzy bustled towards her, wiping tired eyes with stubby fingers. "Rose!" He shouted, "Rose," and she lifted her head, ears twitching. Monzy grinned as he approached, hobbling. He was old, and his body worn. His knees ached, his mid-back stung horridly. "Rose, it's good to see you, lass," he gave another wild grin. "Ferrin said what he could, but communication's been limited. Can't say much that the other side won't hear bout." He shrugged. "What do you need, my dear? How are you fairing?"

@Crestcrazy2

OoOOoOOOOoooo, good idea. And then we can get some Sol and Helios action. Maybe Helios can find them?
Yes! Totally!
Monzy bustled towards her, wiping tired eyes with stubby fingers. "Rose!" He shouted, "Rose," and she lifted her head, ears twitching. Monzy grinned as he approached, hobbling. He was old, and his body worn. His knees ached, his mid-back stung horridly. "Rose, it's good to see you, lass," he gave another wild grin. "Ferrin said what he could, but communication's been limited. Can't say much that the other side won't hear bout." He shrugged. "What do you need, my dear? How are you fairing?"

@Crestcrazy2
Good to see you as well, Monzy.”
She greeted, offering a small smile in return. She glanced at her leg and unconsciously opened and closed her mouth, testing how painful it was. “A little painkiller wouldn’t hurt. Maybe a salve or something for these burns but otherwise I’m fine, friend.” She looked around. “Looks like we’ve had quite a success with the breakout. Did my drugs prove useful?” Rose asked curiously, watching her surroundings and surveying the area around her. Possibility was bigger then she’d thought, but small enough to stay under the radar. Every dragon under the sun was here in these mountains and the array of colors was startlingly vast even in the dim artificial light.

"Helios?"
Gen didn't reply.
"Was he shot?" Gen said.
"No." Gen agreed.

Eclipse narrowed her eyes at the lean, black dragon that paced into the space. She recognized him vaguely from the battle in the desert, and she figured he was probably the hybrid, Gen, Sol had spoken of the day before. Her gaze raked slowly over his dark body as the Sandwing hybrid gently prodded at Tobias, making Eclipse even more anxious of his presence.
His claws were frighteningly long and a glossy, menacing black. The stinger on the end of his tail was longer and sharper than an average Sandwing stinger, and his scales looked more plated and tougher than most Pyrrhian tribes. In few words, he looked dangerous.
Eclipse watched the interaction sharply, her eyes tracking every movement from the hybrid.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@-Kiwi-

Back
Top Bottom