Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Tobias stumbled down the hall, practically being dragged by the two security guards.
He felt slightly exposed without his trenchcoat and hat, but they had been confiscated the moment he surrendered- and now he was rendered quite useless. Now he could only try to keep up with the guards brisk pace, doing his best to ignore the wet blood slowly staining his torn, black dress shirt.
The guards turned sharply down another corridor, and Tobias bit his lip, closing his eyes as pain spiked. As the ache tore through, a familiar bitterness crept. Tobias tensed, and both guards seemed to notice, they're grip tightening. He felt strangely woozy, strangely emotionless- maybe he was in shock.
Tobias fought to keep his head up, tripping when the guards suddenly stopped beside a closed door, jerking him back. Tobias let out a shaky breath as the guard to his left gripped his shoulder with an impossibly painful grip, sliding a small card across the scanner.
The door slid open, and Tobias prepared to move again, but the guards both tensed, drawing weapons.
Ahead, a massive IceWing hissed, retreating into the far corner, but there was nowhere for him to go- both sides were closed off by two double doors. It was Fox- the dragon Tobias and Gables had freed together.
He didn't seem to recognize Tobias as he suddenly charged towards the soldiers.
Tobias pulled his clenched lips between his teeth as he was jerked back behind the doorway and pushed against the far wall, one guard split off, gun raised.
The all too familiar ring returned as the guards gun fired again, again, again. The man pinning Tobias began to drag him back further as a load roar echoed through the hall, accompanied by a frightening scream.
"Backup! We need backup!" The man shouted- Tobias was too out of it to tell what or who exactly the guard was shouting to, but then the IceWing careened around the corner, skidding across the ground as he scrambled to catch his balance.
The guard shoved Tobias to the opposite side of the wall, ducking behind a support beam as a steam of jagged frost breath covered the ground around them.
Tobias stumbled against the wall, his left hand moving to put pressure on his chest, his right hand gripping the support beam just as the IceWing let loose another blast of ice. He slipped on the slick ground, sudden sharp pain blasting into his right hand as he slumped against the wall, pushing himself against the support beam. "Fox!" He half screamed, closing his eyes tightly. "Fox,  stop!"
The frost breath came to a steady end, Tobias' breath ragged as he tried to lift his arm, but everything was too cold, too numb. He leaned his head back against the wall and shuddered.
There was no possible way of escape. Tobias couldn't even begin to understand how the dragon had buried himself back to far in The Maze.
Talons clicked menacingly, slowly approaching, and Tobias glanced up, closing his eyes when he saw the guard, frozen in massive ice spikes against the wall, mouth wide in mid-sceam.
"Do you know me?" A deep voice questioned hesitantly.
Tobias groaned softly, not daring to move as the IceWing's head slowly came into view, his beautiful, old eyes cold and hard. A hint of recognition crossed the dragons expression.
Tobias held his gaze, giving a single, tired nod. "What- what are you... doing here?" He breathed.
The IceWing lifted his head at a sudden noise. "I am looking for someone."
Tobias swallowed hard, shivering. It was too late. And the IceWing didn't seem to know that. He shook his head as footsteps echoed down the hall, approaching them rapidly.
"I'm sorry." Tobias whispered.
The IceWing met his gaze one last time before setting his jaw, charging down the hall.
Each breath slowly growing weaker and weaker, Tobias pushed himself against the wall, leaning his head against the support beam as more gunshots rang out, people screamed, Fox roared.
Tobias glanced down at his right arm, breath catching in his throat. Ice crept up his arm, his skin a sick, blue hue.
The gunshots ended abruptly and Tobias suppressed another shudder, pushing himself harder against the wall.
Yo Cap, was there anything else important happening with Fox besides Tobe's arm getting killed? I mean the dragon Fox, not the guy in H&S

❤️😂

Helios dragged a talon over his tired face, picking the human up and onto his back.

“Hey! Im just trying to help! Is there a hospital in these blasted mountains? Because if he doesn’t get EXTENSIVE care he WILL lose the arm. Possibly his life if he goes septic. Blood infections are nasty.” Archer said in a very opinionated and stern voice.

“Shut up, human.” Helios scolded, snarling quietly at him. He turned to Sol. “He’ll be ok, we’ll figure something out.”

@_-Captain BRM-_
Lueria stood. "Ferrin's here and I am the one leaving to get him because this room is claustrophobic."
Sol stared back at Helios and nodded, his scales still warm as he replaced Harper's position beside the cot. "Thank you." Sol said to her back.
Lueria stood in the doorway, motioned Gen over, and they left.
Sol turned to the human atop Helios. "Are you really a doctor?"

@Crestcrazy2
@-Shade-

Lueria stood. "Ferrin's here and I am the one leaving to get him because this room is claustrophobic."
Sol stared back at Helios and nodded, his scales still warm as he replaced Harper's position beside the cot. "Thank you." Sol said to her back.

@Crestcrazy2
@-Shade-
Archer nodded, running his fingers through his frizzled blonde hair. “Yes, yes. Of course, I stitch up the “lost causes” after the arena and study them! Had to operate on a fellow human a time or two. Went through all the education and training. Your friend there ain’t looking to good.” He motioned to Tobias. “An amputation might be in order, unless we have the right supplies.” He stated, slowly making his way down to the ground once again, standing a short distance from Tobias and watching the motionless form with worry. Helios glanced from the human to Sol and then to Tobias. “What happened to him? It looks half burned…gunshots too?” He asked.

@Crestcrazy2
@-Shade-
Archer nodded, running his fingers through his frizzled blonde hair. “Yes, yes. Of course, I stitch up the “lost causes” after the arena and study them! Had to operate on a fellow human a time or two. Went through all the education and training. Your friend there ain’t looking to good.” He motioned to Tobias. “An amputation might be in order, unless we have the right supplies.” He stated, slowly making his way down to the ground once again, standing a short distance from Tobias and watching the motionless form with worry. Helios glanced from the human to Sol and then to Tobias. “What happened to him? It looks half burned…gunshots too?” He asked.
Eclipse curled her lip at the human, giving him a hard stare from the corner of her eye.
"Sol, I don't think you should trust him, doctor or not." She turned to face the Solarwing again, her eyes darkening with doubt. She flicked her tail so that it rested curled on the ground halfway around where Tobias lay, creating a small barrier between the two humans. A slight but clear symbol of her distrust for Helios's irritating companion.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Crestcrazy2

“What? Who’s that?” Shrike gazed after the red dragon, who disappeared indoors. The CloudWing turned his head back towards Kapok with a questioning look. “You know him?” He asked.

Noooooo 😭
Kapok shrugged and stood up, arching his back in a long, lazy stretch.

@Blue Raptor
(Shrike needs to make more decisions for these two 'cause he's the brains, and ya know, Kapok just supposed to be the large planty guy that follows him around.)

Eclipse curled her lip at the human, giving him a hard stare from the corner of her eye.
"Sol, I don't think you should trust him, doctor or not." She turned to face the Solarwing again, her eyes darkening with doubt. She flicked her tail so that it rested curled on the ground halfway around where Tobias lay, creating a small barrier between the two humans. A slight but clear symbol of her distrust for Helios's irritating companion.

@_-Captain BRM-_
@Crestcrazy2
Shard's eyes widened at the Solarwings comment.
"Why though?" she said, feeling sorry for Sol's friend. "I thought humans only hated dragons, I didn't know they would hurt each other."

@-Kiwi-
Kapok shrugged and stood up, arching his back in a long, lazy stretch.

@Blue Raptor
(Shrike needs to make more decisions for these two 'cause he's the brains, and ya know, Kapok just supposed to be the large planty guy that follows him around.)
Josh, how are Elize and Lydia doing? I haven't seen them here in a while, is everything okay? Just busy?
(iactuallylayeddownforlikehalfanhourandthengotbackupandstartedwritingyeahiknowwhatissleepforreal)

Back
Top Bottom