Off The Gridders !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WWolf, May 18, 2009.

1. WWolf

WWolf Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2007
    San Diego
    I am planning to be totally (with a great deal of creature comforts)off the grid in 5 years. I am wondering how many others here have those sustainable inclinations.
    PS I am neither a luddite or a hermit ! I just feel a balanced sustainable personal existance is good for my health-sanity and leaves me in a better position to be of good use to my fellow beings-creatures.

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Are you a member over at Sufficient Self?

3. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    I'm sure that I'm the only one who had to google Luddite but just in case....

The Luddites were a social movement of British textile artisans in the early nineteenth century who protested—often by destroying mechanized looms—against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution, which they felt were leaving them without work.

This English historical movement has to be seen in its context of the harsh economic climate due to the Napoleonic Wars, and the degrading working conditions in the new textile factories; but since then, the term Luddite has been used derisively to describe anyone opposed to technological progress and technological change.

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Hop on over to Sufficient self! Many people over there are wither working toward minimum grid or are already off the grid. There is lots of advice and great info.

So, what energy source will you use to run your 'puter? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by