Off Topic

Does anyone live in the areas where they changed the 7-11's into the simpsons quickie marts? I'm going to take the kids this weekend to see the simpsons we watch the reruns everyday on fox.

Good Movies lately;

Mission Impossible 3, a lot better than the the 2nd one, but that wouldn't be very hard!

Wating, a very funny low brow movie with lots of potty humor. Good for when you just want to unwind and have sore ribs from laughing so much. http://imdb.com/title/tt0348333/

Good
Books Lately;

I've been on a Noel Perrin run lately. I'm currenty reading, First Person Rural: Essays of a Sometime Farmer. He writes books about suburban/small time farmers. A very good read.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Person-...5747905?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186672325&sr=8-2

Last edited:
It's been so very hot lately, I don't feel like doing anything that requires gettin off a chair or couch, so I watched The Big Lebowski last night on the tube, that was fun. I'm exciting aren't I?

DUDE!

Last edited:
I'm going to go see Stardust this weekend. Loved the book, love all Neil Gaiman's books. It should be a really funky movie and has some good actors/ actresses in it. Sounds like he kept some good control over script versus book, so I think it will be pretty true to how he envisioned it. Sure hope so!

Saw Ratatouie last month. Really cute flick for any animal lovers or chefs out there.

Yearofthedog, remember that there's a reason your former employer is screwed and shorthanded. That doesn't happen at good places that value employees. You obviously made a smart move in getting off the sinking ship! Get over your guilt and focus on your school worries.

Ok, going to admit to something that only a handful of people know. I play Everquest which is a MMORPG. I should say I play when the kids are not on or early in the morning or late at night. My husband hates it but he's the one that got it for me for our anniversary a few years back. After being a nurse all day and dealing with kids, animals and horrible things on the news, it's my excuse for going to a non-real world. Sometimes escaping reality for a little while is just nice.

Quote:
Here's another morbid website for ya:

http://deathclock.com/
It's really not quite as bad as it sounds, actually. I was kinda scared to put my info in, because what if it said "you will die next week"! I would be totally freaked.

Last edited:
That death clock is a joke. Both my parents are in their early 70s, yet they should be dead. They're both a tad overweight and only one smokes.

I'm glad it is a joke, though. I think it's just a gimmick to get people to read all that healthy stuff on their website: don't smoke, don't eat, don't have stress, and you'll live to be all of 73!
lol.png

Now don't anybody go getting sassy with me!

The death clock if full of poo.
Said I'd only live to 2044 and I KNOW I'll be here until 1050. Already told my daughter so... She insists the world will end in 2012 because the Aztec calendar only goes to 2012.
I said, "Are there any Aztecs around today?"
She said, "No."
I said, "Then they're already wrong. And I'll be reminding you of this story in 2050 when I'm 85 years old!!!"
She laughed at me...

Back
Top Bottom