1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Office Politics...Arghh!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yearofthedog, Jul 16, 2007.

1. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    I just recently went back to work(after a 4 1/2 year hiatus being a stay at home mom) at a vet clinic since I'm going back to school for veterinary technology and I guess it's just been too long because I just don't have the patience for the office politics of teens and early twenty somethings(no offense to you guys, I've been there too!).

I love the work, but I'm just about ready to walk, it's been a very frustrating week!!! I just had to vent, thanks for listening...

2. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I hear you... that's why I work for myself now. I don't think I could go back to work for someone else again.

Hope things get better for you. {{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:I work for a school system where they stay in the job until they are old and fieble minded. Doesn't get any better at this age either..

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Hang in there, I know what you mean.
    Not all young people are like that, but if you are stuck with having to work with some that are, remember that pseudo-latin quote: Illegitimis non carborundum
    One of the advantages of having a few extra years of life-experience is knowing you just have to ignore the bs from the life-inexperienced.

5. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm an early twenty something, I refuse to work in an office environment. I own a soap making business and I work 10 days a month working for a vending machine company. I'm either at home working alone or driving my vending route alone. I would love to tell you to ignore other people but I think it's impossible. My happiness comes first, that's why I will never work in an office, restaurant or any place where I'm around a group of people from all age groups and backgrounds. It just doesn't work for me.

6. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    I know what ya mean! I run the office of our family business -- alone! I could never go back to a 'regular' job. I'm spoiled rotten now! [​IMG] My kids both work in a restaurant, and the teenage drama is amazing! My son wants to quit because he says it's worse than high school. Of course, my daughter fits right in, making her own contribution to the chaos! [​IMG]

7. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    You know, the first week of ANY job always seems to suck....I worked as a vet tech for years before teaching chem, it happens at all hospitals--and jobs for that matter. You will learn who to avoid and who to chat with! Good Luck!

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

My previous job, I was the second oldest. In this one, I'm the second oldest too. LOL
    I don't have the patience for that crap either.

9. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    I know what you mean! I worked in a horrible office environment for six years with a bunch of back-stabbing, gossiping, moody, two-faced women. I quit a year ago, but I'm still in a office but with a much better group of people, my own office and a nice door I can shut!

10. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    That's why I work with Kindergarteners through 6th graders [​IMG]

But most of the time this is what my job is [​IMG]

It's tough going back to work.

jackie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by