Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Canning and Preserving Contest

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Ingredients: Non-GMO Cane Sugar, Fresh Strawberries, Fresh Rhubarb, Fruit Pectin, Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice.

I do not have pictures of the sugar, pectin, or lemon juice but am canning more tonight and hope to get some. It basically looks like any other sugar, pectin powder, and lemon though haha.
1623000378DSC_0047.png
DSC_0655.JPG

Rainier Cherry Jam
Ingredients: Non-GMO Cane Sugar, Fresh Rainier Cherries, Fruit Pectin, Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice.

I do not have pictures of the sugar, pectin, or lemon juice but am canning more tonight and hope to get some. It basically looks like any other sugar, pectin powder, and lemon though haha.

Blueberry Jam
Ingredients: Non-GMO Cane Sugar, Fresh Blueberries, Fruit Pectin, Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice.

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Ingredients: Non-GMO Cane Sugar, Fresh Strawberries, Fresh Rhubarb, Fruit Pectin, Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice.

Thanks for the very nice entries!

PICKLED EGGS 3 Ways!

"Plain", Red Beet, and Balsamic
IMG_5373.jpg

Recipes are for 12 eggs (2 pint jars). Sterilize jars before using.

"Plain" Pickled Eggs: 1.5C White Vinegar, ! C Water, 3 tsp salt,1 tsp whole pickling spice, couple slices of onion, 1/2 tsp minced garlic.

Red Beet: 1 Cup beet juice (from canned beets), 1.5 C Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar, a few canned whole tiny red beets (or several slices of beets).

*Balsamic recipe is for 6 eggs in one pint jar
Balsamic: 1/2 sliced onion, 1/2C balsamic vinegar, 1/2 C water, 1 Tbsp white sugar, 5 cloves garlic, crushed.

Method For all
Heat brine ingredients to boiling, pour over boiled/peeled eggs in jars. remove air bubbles. cover with lid and refrigerate for 5-14 days before enjoying. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 months for best quality.

It's too hot for me to can right now. :( We only have a small window air conditioner and canning puts too much heat in the house. I love to can foods, so I throw the produce in the freezer as it ripens and warm the house up in the fall and winter canning, and making homemade crockpot cider. 😊
Good luck to all the entries! :love

PICKLED EGGS 3 Ways!

"Plain", Red Beet, and Balsamic
View attachment 2741063

Recipes are for 12 eggs (2 pint jars). Sterilize jars before using.

"Plain" Pickled Eggs: 1.5C White Vinegar, ! C Water, 3 tsp salt,1 tsp whole pickling spice, couple slices of onion, 1/2 tsp minced garlic.

Red Beet: 1 Cup beet juice (from canned beets), 1.5 C Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar, a few canned whole tiny red beets (or several slices of beets).

*Balsamic recipe is for 6 eggs in one pint jar
Balsamic: 1/2 sliced onion, 1/2C balsamic vinegar, 1/2 C water, 1 Tbsp white sugar, 5 cloves garlic, crushed.

Method For all
Heat brine ingredients to boiling, pour over boiled/peeled eggs in jars. remove air bubbles. cover with lid and refrigerate for 5-14 days before enjoying. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 months for best quality.
They look very good!

Back
Top Bottom