Ended Official BYC 2022 Summer Fair—Artwork Contest

Made me laugh cuz my dog had that same toy in the 90s! Hercules was a slobberhound & the little piggy toy was constantly slimy...you'd be sitting on the sofa, all cozy, minding your own business eating popcorn watching a movie, and he'd run over to you full speed, 130 lb dog...how he stopped was when he ran into you (all you could do was say "umph" at his weight), then he'd spit this slobbery piggy on you, so you could toss it for him. That darn rubbery slobbery thing always managing to touch your popcorn eating hand, then your next move, whatever it was, whether standing up to allow the toy to fall without having to touch it, or going to touch it to toss away...he'd jump the gun & grab it, Like a heavyweight bull in a China shop nearly nearly knocking you off the sofa with popcorn bowl flying in the air...Oh yeah he was hilarious and his little piggy inspired crazy crazy antics. I got a laugh because the mere thought of that toy and all the commotion it stirred up in him. I miss that crazy dog. 🤪 ❤️
I can relate to that these toys always get so slobbery! My Storm is never without a rubber pig- she loves em! Hercules sounds like he was quite the character!!

thats-all-folks-gif.gif

This contest is now closed!
Thank you so much to everyone that participated!
Judging will begin as soon as we finish entering the entries in the datasheet.

Good luck!

I make a ring out of narrow colored zip ties (about 11") and tie them around the collar about 2" apart. They do not keep my cats from going in/out the kitty door, eating, drinking, playing - but they DO keep them from getting birds. It throws off their pounce ability.

Attachments

• Woody on desk.jpg
    Woody on desk.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 8
full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging and we have our winners!
@TwoCrows, @HorseGirlAbby, @Chookmama72, @BelovedBirds, @StinkyAcres, @Chickolett, @GingerRose, @Laylashens, @CaliforniaMountainChicks, @FrankieDoodle, @FireCountry, & @Rise722

The competition was fierce, and we had so many great entries that we broke them down into 3 categories, Drawing, Painting, and Everything Else.

Drawing Category
@TwoCrows, @HorseGirlAbby, @Chookmama72, & @BelovedBirds

First Place - @TwoCrows
Pointillism with ink
20201005_071159.jpg

Second Place - @HorseGirlAbby
Entry two:
IMG_3046.JPG

Hoping to enter this guy in the fair in a few weeks.

Third Place - @Chookmama72
Entry 4:
Happy Owl
Pastel on Canson paper
IMG_20200603_110541373.jpg

Fourth Place - @BelovedBirds
I figure why not throw one out there!
This is a drawing I did of my dog, alaskan malamute. Entry 1.
20211021_184248.jpg

Painting Category

First Place - @StinkyAcres
Entry #2: Acrylic portrait of my Boston Terrier

bostonterrierpainting.jpg

Second Place - @Chickolett
Entry 2: Watercolor
horse2.jpg

Third Place - @GingerRose
Entry #2.)
I painted this, as a Christmas gift, for our neighbor who is a self proclaimed professional meat slayer.. LoL
He had no idea and was speechless....literally, said nothing for about (the longest) 20 minutes of my life. Acrylic on canvas.
This took me 2 months to complete.
IMG_20191229_202244059.jpg

Fourth Place - @Laylashens
Entry 3:
Donkey at my art teacher’s farm
Acrylic on canvas
BED87B8C-7928-4DE6-8F5E-F89D8331215A.jpeg

Everything Else Category

First Place - @CaliforniaMountainChicks
Entry 2: Ceramic Vases
A95E699A-C0FA-4103-A756-2C48549EC731.jpeg

Second Place - @FrankieDoodle
Entry #1, ceramic eggs with underglaze and clear glaze on the inside, and acrylic paint on the shells.
A2C7F14A-426C-47BF-AAE6-896F273BFC33.jpeg

This was for my transitional project last semester. If I remember correctly, it goes from day 0/1, 5, 10, 15, 20, and then 21.

Third Place - @FireCountry
Entry one: Native American portrait I did
NativeAmericanTattoo.jpg

Fouth Place - @Rise722
I carved this image from a piece of black core matboard; then attached the necklace, securing it from behind for framing.
Indian Girl with Necklace.jpg

@TwoCrows, @HorseGirlAbby, @Chookmama72, @BelovedBirds, @StinkyAcres, @Chickolett, @GingerRose, @Laylashens, @CaliforniaMountainChicks, @FrankieDoodle, @FireCountry, & @Rise722, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap

Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our
BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them).​

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging and we have our winners!
@TwoCrows, @HorseGirlAbby, @Chookmama72, @BelovedBirds, @StinkyAcres, @Chickolett, @GingerRose, @Laylashens, @CaliforniaMountainChicks, @FrankieDoodle, @FireCountry, & @Rise722

The competition was fierce, and we had so many great entries that we broke them down into 3 categories, Drawing, Painting, and Everything Else.

Drawing Category
@TwoCrows, @HorseGirlAbby, @Chookmama72, & @BelovedBirds

First Place - @TwoCrows

Second Place - @HorseGirlAbby

Third Place - @Chookmama72

Fourth Place - @BelovedBirds

Painting Category

First Place - @StinkyAcres

Second Place - @Chickolett

Third Place - @GingerRose

Fourth Place - @Laylashens

Everything Else Category

First Place - @CaliforniaMountainChicks

Second Place - @FrankieDoodle

Third Place - @FireCountry

Fouth Place - @Rise722

@TwoCrows, @HorseGirlAbby, @Chookmama72, @BelovedBirds, @StinkyAcres, @Chickolett, @GingerRose, @Laylashens, @CaliforniaMountainChicks, @FrankieDoodle, @FireCountry, & @Rise722, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap

Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our
BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them).​
Congrats to all the other winners!! Amazing art here!

Back
Top Bottom