Ended Official BYC 2022 Summer Fair—Farm Machinery Show

1959 Allis Chalmers
22D86AA3-D02C-4BBF-8651-FF4AF9ABD2F3.jpeg

Is it a D?

We had a C and a G. My brother has the C. I'm hoping to get the G. Lol, or one of them, I don't even care much if it is the original one. My dad liked tractors so...
(These are not an entry)
One has the belly cultivator on it.
The MF for power, the G for precision, sort of. It does all I want to do, anyway. It isn't in the same ball park as the big ones some of the neighbors have.

Edited for spelling and tweaked readability while opened for editing.
1C9D9A26-185E-4FEF-9711-65A0BC747302.jpeg
BF7C9652-F5FE-4E13-96DC-1709A485E9BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it a D?

We had a C and a G. My brother has the C. I'm hoping to get the G. Lol, or one of them, I don't even care much if it is the original one. My dad liked tractors so...
(These are not an entry)
One has the belly cultivator on it.
The MF for power, the G for percusion, sort of. It is enough power for what I want to do, anyway. It isn't in the same ball park as the big ones some of the neighbors have.
Very cool to see these. That spring under the seat is priceless. I wonder how many fingers were squished under something like that.

I'll start with the oldest girl in the stable a 1956 Ferguson F40 (she is younger than me). The F40 was the Ferguson dealers version of the Massey-Harris MH50. It had the exact engine and transmission, only the sheet metal and color was different. The rims and dash are the correct color. Most F40's were painted Massey red by their owners for some strange reason. They were produced in 1955 and 1956 so I have a late model :). Both tractors had a Continental 134 cubic inch 4 cylinder gas engine. Mine will idle down to 400 RPM on a good day.
fergson-f40-01.jpg
fergson-f40-02.jpg
fergson-f40-03.jpg
fergson-f40-04.jpg

The engine has 55 hours since totally rebuilt with new pistons, liners, crank, valve job and who knows what else I put in there.
fergson-f40-05.jpg

One day I need to bring her into the shop and restore the sheet metal and give here a proper paint job with the correct colors.

JT

I'll start with the oldest girl in the stable a 1956 Ferguson F40 (she is younger than me). The F40 was the Ferguson dealers version of the Massey-Harris MH50. It had the exact engine and transmission, only the sheet metal and color was different. The rims and dash are the correct color. Most F40's were painted Massey red by their owners for some strange reason. They were produced in 1955 and 1956 so I have a late model :). Both tractors had a Continental 134 cubic inch 4 cylinder gas engine. Mine will idle down to 400 RPM on a good day.
View attachment 3188587
View attachment 3188588
View attachment 3188589
View attachment 3188591

The engine has 55 hours since totally rebuilt with new pistons, liners, crank, valve job and who knows what else I put in there.
View attachment 3188592

One day I need to bring her into the shop and restore the sheet metal and give here a proper paint job with the correct colors.

JT
Looks like a real workhorse. I like the seat flips up. Nothing worse than a wet seat on a tractor. She shows her work experience. I wouldn't rush to paint her either.

Back
Top Bottom