Ended Official BYC 2022 Summer Fair—Handcrafts Contest

Pics
Entry #4, assuming I can get the photos to load because the internet is very bad tonight.

Prom Flowers for my 16yo and his girlfriend. His and hers don't match in color because they were not wearing matching couple-clothes but the colors were coordinated to the individual outfits.

resized prom flowers.jpg
resized corsage.jpg
resized boutinere.jpg

I do all my kids' special occasion flowers in silk so that they can become keepsakes.

Because the young lady's dress was chiffon I chose a wrist corsage so that she wouldn't have to try to pin it onto such a fragile fabric.

Crochet: Scrap blanket/throw I made to try to use up dozens of small balls of various yarn leftover from my mom's women's club projects. This was one of the first large project I did after learning to crochet during the pandemic.

View attachment 3191181
WOW, very nice. That's a lot of work.
Funny, I was just telling my husband that I haven't yet attempted a granny square. I've been banging out booty slippers as gifts since last September. Everyone got slippers last year for Christmas. Well, mostly...LOL :D Those who didn't got winter hats .... hahahaha

View attachment 3228471
One example of what I do during bad/cold weather when I can't go outside and chase chickens. I used up leftover fingering yarn for the donation box at church for this blanket. I'm sure there will be a new little one that could use this.
Very Cool!! I've made a few blankets, but haven't attempted a granny square blanket yet. What are the dimensions & how long did it take?

Back
Top Bottom