Ended Official BYC Caption Contest 06-03-22 Pic by ShannonsChimkens

Insta Emu. Just add water.
(Not a caption post...you just reminded me of a funny childhood memory...made me laugh)

Yeah, remember sea monkeys? Ads in comic books in the 70s. Just add water...they led you to believe they were Sea Horses in the ad. 😆
Did anyone else actually order them? What was it really? Mosquito larvae? Brine? 😆

classic-comic-book-advertisement-sea-monkeys-20190925-wingsdomain-art-and-photography.jpg

I ordered the ghost. Halloween was approaching & I thought it would be cool. ff0b40773554857c8ff04c8cfcfc0eb3--monster-mash-happy-halloween.jpg With shipping and handling, it was a whopping $7.99...hey, that was months of allowance money saved way back then.

After weeks of anticipation & checking mailbox daily...
I received a White Balloon & a Large White Trash Bag!
😆 🤣 😂

Last edited:
Yeah, remember sea monkeys? Ads in comic books in the 70s. Just add water...they led you to believe they were Sea Horses in the ad. 😆
Did anyone else actually order them? What was it really? Mosquito larvae? Brine? 😆

View attachment 3138196

I ordered the ghost. Halloween was approaching & I thought it would be cool. View attachment 3138193With shipping and handling, it was a whopping $7.99...hey, that was months of allowance money saved way back then.
I received a white balloon and a large white trash bag!
😆 🤣 😂
I remember ordering Sea monkeys

I don’t know what it was floating around in the water but it looked like specks of lint or something

And back then kids could order and pay COD cash on delivery

🤣🤪🙃

Back
Top Bottom