Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #12

Pics
I also want to mention the fellow entries:

There were some incredible coops and articles in this year's contest! I can see how the judges had a tough decision ahead of them. I really enjoyed all of the great photos and writing. It is so evident the tremendous time, care, and consideration that has gone into your coops... They are undoubtedly going to continue to amaze and inspire others for years to come!

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging and we have our winners!​

First Place - @Dreammaker
Coop Cod Estate: Our Charming and Eleggant Family Coop

Not unlike pregnancy, building our chicken coop took about 9 months of hard work, worrying, waiting, and wondering. Along the way, we appreciated the journey for all its highs and lows, successes and disappointments, lessons and memories. There was blood, sweat, and tears...And with one final...

Second Place - @DavidReaves
Purple Pullet Palace--small rolling coop with covered run

(For bigger views of any images or plans, click on the image or go to the gallery tab.) I've considered chickens for many years, but always had some reason (including deed restrictions!) that kept me from them. As my granddaughter got old enough to help feed, water, and gather eggs, she...

Third Place - @kmart60
The Chookie McMansion

The Chookie McMansion

Take the video tour here or read on for the full story... The Prequel - This is the story of the Little Coop That Grew. Once upon a time, there was a girl and a boy who decided they wanted a couple of chooks (that’s Australian for “chickens”). They were trying to live a contented, organic life...

Fourth Place - @ldirk7
The Burrow

The Burrow

I'd love to highlight my very first coop- The Burrow! This will be a long, picture heavy article. The Burrow was inspired by the Wichita Cabin Coop and the Chick Inn. Photos of the rough plans are posted at the bottom of the article in case it helps anyone! First, a VERY cautionary tale, and...

Fifth Place - @Ghost
A chicken-coop & rabbit-hutch: "The Bird & Bunny"

(2022-3-4) Update/Clarification: Since many people have pointed-out a size 'problem' with this coop, it is worth strongly emphasizing that this coop is designed to be placed within a giant, 9x9m (~30x30ft), 81m² (~900ft²)(!), predator-proof pen, -far more 'round-the-clock space per bird/rabbit...

@Dreammaker, @DavidReaves, @kmart60, @ldirk7, @Ghost, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee
yippiechickie.gif

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to read all of the articles. I know this contest was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Congratulations to Everyone that won and thank you to all the other contestants entries too. It's been very interesting to read about the adventures of building and seeing all of the coop pictures.
I Love this contest.

~Thank you, judges. : O
I really appreciate it! : ]
I wasn't expecting to get any place at all, haha.

There are truly some amazing palaces people make for their chickens..... -Ones that I can greatly learn from. And I hope to make even better coops in the future!

~Keep up the awesome building.

-Ghost

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging and we have our winners!​

First Place - @Dreammaker

Not unlike pregnancy, building our chicken coop took about 9 months of hard work, worrying, waiting, and wondering. Along the way, we appreciated the journey for all its highs and lows, successes and disappointments, lessons and memories. There was blood, sweat, and tears...And with one final...

Second Place - @DavidReaves

(For bigger views of any images or plans, click on the image or go to the gallery tab.) I've considered chickens for many years, but always had some reason (including deed restrictions!) that kept me from them. As my granddaughter got old enough to help feed, water, and gather eggs, she...

Third Place - @kmart60
The Chookie McMansion

The Chookie McMansion

Take the video tour here or read on for the full story... The Prequel - This is the story of the Little Coop That Grew. Once upon a time, there was a girl and a boy who decided they wanted a couple of chooks (that’s Australian for “chickens”). They were trying to live a contented, organic life...

Fourth Place - @ldirk7
The Burrow

The Burrow

I'd love to highlight my very first coop- The Burrow! This will be a long, picture heavy article. The Burrow was inspired by the Wichita Cabin Coop and the Chick Inn. Photos of the rough plans are posted at the bottom of the article in case it helps anyone! First, a VERY cautionary tale, and...

Fifth Place - @Ghost

(2022-3-4) Update/Clarification: Since many people have pointed-out a size 'problem' with this coop, it is worth strongly emphasizing that this coop is designed to be placed within a giant, 9x9m (~30x30ft), 81m² (~900ft²)(!), predator-proof pen, -far more 'round-the-clock space per bird/rabbit...

@Dreammaker, @DavidReaves, @kmart60, @ldirk7, @Ghost, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee
yippiechickie.gif

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to read all of the articles. I know this contest was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them)

Congratulations to the winners! Fantastic coops!

Back
Top Bottom