Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #12

not a coop but a run/coop area 2 Costco dog kennels put together, some of the metal was bent from last years heavy snow.
the chickens have over 200 sq ft the ducks a
IMG_3174.JPEG
IMG_3281.JPEG
IMG_3203.JPEG
IMG_3204.JPEG
nd goose have slightly smaller as I changed the interior so there is more room for the added tweenagers there is a roost up top and two smaller coops inside for them to sleep wherever. For the nestboxes I have 3 milk crates with shavings. They only like one of them and the coop or ground. The ground is on a 5% slant with about 1 ft of hog fuel over the dirt. I have larger rocks(plentiful here) dug down sounding the run and stacked up higher than the bottom of the run. The sides have shade cloth to stop most of the rain from coming in. the top is 100% covered with the tarp material.
The ducks/goose has a large dog kennel for sleeping, it has all sides covered to create a "den" their water is a 7 gal Little Giant gravity waterer.
For there food i have a large planter that i put feed in. Due to rodents I can not let feed be out overnight, they celebrate Christmas year round with 2 sets of rope lights strung around the top.

I keep finding things to change/ improve
IMG_3171.JPEG
on. I like the open coop setup I have.

Coop with mini pond

Here is our coop
Coop with a mini pond

Coop with a mini pond

About four years ago some City friends asked us to take their chickens after the city code officer started giving them trouble. Soon we found ourselves with 19 chickens and two ducks. At first we put them in an old shed but after the bear tore apart our storage and ate two fifty pound bags of...

Back
Top Bottom