Ended Official BYC Mini Contest—Chicken Art

craft paint on wood
craft roosterb1 (3 of 1).jpg

I went to a paint and sip and the photo we were painting was an owl on a branch in front of a large moon. Well I joked and said I was gonna paint an emu and everyone dared me. So here it is! Please keep in mind I don’t paint, only draw, and had less than two hours, lol.
View attachment 1578328
Second photo is a pastel drawing of my two Olive Eggers when they were juveniles.
View attachment 1578343
THESE ARE AMAZING!!!! :love :love :love :love

Oh goodness! I feel awful at drawing compared to you guys!
Drawing chickens is not my strong point. A long time ago I drew a pretty good picture of a rooster for my little sister. I hung it up over her crib and it stayed there for a while, but eventually it disappeared to who knows where, and I am scared to try again, in case it will be worse than the first time!

I painted a decent picture of one of the original birds of our flock the first year we got chickens. (that ancient bird is still alive and kickin' to this very day!:D) Or my painting looked decent to me then because it was probably one of the first times I actually painted! (has that ever happened to any of you? you look back at a picture you drew a long time ago that you were super proud of, only to find that it wasn't QUITE as good as you remember it being? :gig) ANYway, I'll have to find that painting and brush off the dust and post it here!

Awesome forms of beautifully creative artwork! You all are super talented!
Good luck! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom