Ended Official BYC Mini Contest—Chicken Art

I think I am better at sketching then adding color is this like that for anyone else to.
In pencil? I never add colour. I can't do coloured pencils, it always turns out rubbish-y. I do use quite a lot of shading, though, if that's what you mean.

My problem is actually that I can't do a decent sketch. :lol: I do bad ones and mask the imperfections with shading.

In pencil? I never add colour. I can't do coloured pencils, it always turns out rubbish-y. I do use quite a lot of shading, though, if that's what you mean.

My problem is actually that I can't do a decent sketch. :lol: I do bad ones and mask the imperfections with shading.
if I use colors I mess up and it looks terrible

Drawing chickens is not my strong point.

The most important rule: Make the head really tiny.

Truly, you have no idea how absolutely minuscule a chicken head is until you try to draw one.

In fact, I'd go so far as saying that the first times you draw a chicken, don't even bother drawing a head at all; just make the neck taper to a point. It will probably look more realistic that way, rather than getting endowed a head that will inevitably end up too big.

Truly, you have no idea how absolutely minuscule a chicken head is until you try to draw one.

In fact, I'd go so far as saying that the first times you draw a chicken, don't even bother drawing a head at all; just make the neck taper to a point. It will probably look more realistic that way, rather than getting endowed a head that will inevitably end up too big.
Awesome advice! Their heads are pretty tiny now that I think about it...

I agree! I started drawing chickens like six months ago and the first thing I noticed was that the heads always ended up too big. References were excellent in helping me realize that chickens heads(in proportion to their bodies) are tiny!

IMG_20180205_131212 (480x640).jpg

These are two chicks I drew from a pic off the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom