Ended Official BYC Mini Contest—Creative Eggs & Eggshells

Holes on both sides, you use the same hole to enter and exit on the back side, while you work the front. Different holes can be used overall, but the same hole for each individual stitch, if that makes sense.
I also found that a long, flexible bead needle with a collapsible eye works the best. Solid needles work, but ones that are long enough to stretch across fatter eggs, like duck eggs, usually have fat eyes, which require larger holes. At least when I looked for long ones, they were all thick. Curved ones are actually hard to use, but are handy in certain instances.
This page gives some instructions with illustrations. (And some gorgeous, intricate designs, beyond my capabilities! Lol). I’m just learning.
https://www.needlenthread.com/2013/03/embroidered-eggs-stitching-lines-swirls.html

These are the needles I like. 2-1/2”
View attachment 1597651
Wow, I never would have thought that up! But now I see how it's entirely possible. Thanks :D

Well, I finished my first egg! It is a curious conglomeration of glue, thread, eggshell of course, paint, and a large amount of varnish, modeled after the enamel technique of cloisonne.

Also, I took 102 pictures. Should I post them all, or do you only want the one or two decent ones?;)
Hey, photographing varnished high-contrast objects is hard!!

Edit: And I just erased 38 really bad images.

Well, I finished my first egg! It is a curious conglomeration of glue, thread, eggshell of course, paint, and a large amount of varnish, modeled after the enamel technique of cloisonne.

Also, I took 102 pictures. Should I post them all, or do you only want the one or two decent ones?;)
Hey, photographing varnished high-contrast objects is hard!!
Post them all! Or pick a few faves.

Very well; we have Exhibition A, my first entry. I narrowed it down to 4 photos; different views as the egg is rotated.
View1.JPG
View2.JPG
View3.JPG
View4.JPG

They're not such great photos - cameras don't like me. The egg is nicer than it looks. It's much glossier, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom