Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—Miss BYC Beauty Pageant

Pics
Thank you, I thought I might but looking at that thread it's all kids on there!

The family & fowl contest is not just for pictures of kids. Here's the intro to the contest, "It's time to pull out those cameras and get your best photos of two of our favorite subjects... family members and backyard birds! Grab your children and chicks, grandmas and geese, dads and ducks, or sons and swans. Post your favorite picture of family and fowl together for a chance to win!"

All family members (including pictures of yourself and a bird) are welcome!

First is Cher, she was 18 weeks when this picture was taken a few weeks ago. She is a Blue Orpington.

Second is Whitney, she was also 18 weeks. Whitney is a Wheaten Marans.
PXL_20221004_111539744~2.jpg
PXL_20221004_112759525.jpg

Entry #1: This is Kevin. She is an 8 month old gold and black EE pullet.

View attachment 3326098
I'm gutted. We just lost Kevin this morning suddenly. I think she was egg bound. She was laying almost too frequently, and then she had slowed the past few days but I chalked it up to winter slowdown...she was fine when I put them to bed, and gone when I went up to let them out this morning. Just over 6 months old. Poor girl. She was so good, and laid the prettiest mint green eggs.

I'm gutted. We just lost Kevin this morning suddenly. I think she was egg bound. She was laying almost too frequently, and then she had slowed the past few days but I chalked it up to winter slowdown...she was fine when I put them to bed, and gone when I went up to let them out this morning. Just over 6 months old. Poor girl. She was so good, and laid the prettiest mint green eggs.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved hen. :(

Back
Top Bottom