Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #6 - Post your best Poultry In Snow Picture and Win!

They are good looking turkeys. Thanks for explaining the Jake/Jenny thing to me...as you may have guessed, I've never been around turkeys. Looks like the kids enjoy them!

Thank you :)

No problem, I was always confused by the Jake Jenny Tom thing too ha-ha; where do they come up with these names ?

The kids love her, but I might have accidentally over imprinted her, she's like a puppy dog :D

Such pretty pictures!

Here's Blue

And the turkeys, Wee and Tom
Awesome!!! i cant wait to get turkeys!! how old are yours?

Jakes and Jennys are the equivalent of cockerels and pullets, then when they are mature, they're Toms and hens
smile.png

I had to get them for their coloring, I love black and white combos, obviously lol... This isn't an entry but a better pic of the Tom; he's such a pretty boy
big_smile.png

And this is about how big the hen is, she's probably 12 lbs or so...
love.gif
you should enter this one in the family with poultry contest!

Awesome!!! i cant wait to get turkeys!!  how old are yours?

:love   you should enter this one in the family with poultry contest!

They're almost a year old; just hit the "Tom and hen" stage. Anxious for poults in spring! They're so much fun. I'd have all turkeys but I don't like the eggs lol; they're really tough to crack. :p

Thanks! I'll have to go check that one out too! I'm such a bad photographer though haha; oh well, its fun to see everyone else's flocks, too :)

Last edited:
Glad you said it was a pony Liz, my first thought was dog! A very large dog, lol.

What about 2017 Cyn, did you just decide not to do that year?
lau.gif

(And you're right...definitely calendar quality!)
umm the 2017 calendar is already printed goofball

Its the contest prize!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom