Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - Poultry Art Creations

These are probably the best I've got, though I wish I could learn to shade properly. Based off of the winners from last year, I probably won't win, though.
Now a days, art teachers have shade pencils that students use to shade, it is pretty much paper rolled to look like a pencil and you tear way the tip part as you use it.
Back in the day, we used our fingers to shade.
Even tools in art tools evolve over time :lau

Now a days, art teachers have shade pencils that students use to shade, it is pretty much paper rolled to look like a pencil and you tear way the tip part as you use it.
Ooh....I know what you're talking about....those weird papery things? I'll tell you a secret... i use my finger to shade still

Ooh....I know what you're talking about....those weird papery things? I'll tell you a secret... i use my finger to shade still
I mean shade PROPERLY though, not just blend pencil...know where the darks and the lights are and how to define them just so so that it looks like the picture...
NOT an entry, NOT my art
1605966999054.png

though I suppose photorealism is a bit of a high bar to set for myself.

Tortillons and blending stumps! I've never peeled the paper off though, I have some with so much graphite in the tip that I can draw with them. Lol

Back
Top Bottom