Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - Poultry Art Creations

Pics
Snappy that quilt. 😮

:th You too?!? You know what I was doing at 11? I mean, besides cramming cheese sticks between my front lip and teeth pretending to be a walrus...I would trace my hand and doodle faces on each finger, giving my fingers different personalities, lol.
I still trace my hand and make turkeys. Im 40 years old. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An experimental feather pour for a few classes I had been planning. The surface is shiny and catches the light a littleView attachment 2420892
Oh WOW I love this concept.

Oh how beautiful!!
Did you use a feather tip for your drags, like people do when painting a marble look? Your pulls are so delicate looking and this really really looks like a real feather!! 😍

Thank you! It is actually an acrylic pour technique. I've tried a couple of different methods so far, this one seems to be the showiest. Here is another from that day
IMG_20200111_185404.jpg

Please elaborate-what did the rock people say? Did every single rock have a person?
The rocks had a group of people in each. They would beat "drums" to talk to us. It was most likely our heart beats that we were hearing. We would interpret the drum beats as stories from them. Also yes we believed that every rock had people in them. We were fliping crazy though. We even believed that there was a lion with wings living in a stump in the woods and glowing wolf spirits hanging out at our houses at midnight. :lau

An experimental feather pour for a few classes I had been planning. The surface is shiny and catches the light a littleView attachment 2420892
Thank you! It is actually an acrylic pour technique. I've tried a couple of different methods so far, this one seems to be the showiest. Here is another from that day
View attachment 2420941

These are so beautiful! I've watch many acrylic pours on YouTube but I've never seen this technique before. Love it!

The rocks had a group of people in each. They would beat "drums" to talk to us. It was most likely our heart beats that we were hearing. We would interpret the drum beats as stories from them. Also yes we believed that every rock had people in them. We were fliping crazy though. We even believed that there was a lion with wings living in a stump in the woods and glowing wolf spirits hanging out at our houses at midnight. :lau

I love this! :loveWhether it's imagination, spirits, or energies, I will always appreciate a young person's beautiful outlook on the world. :hugs

View attachment 2420941
Right, that's what I'm wondering...how do you get the delicate feather tips? I've seen people use small chain drags, strings, or a variety of things to achieve tiny delicate lines.
And of course the spine with the feather body arching outward...my mind is trying to figure out what you used!
Like CluckNDoodle I've watched many many videos, I even have all the supplies to do them too, just need some playtime.

LOVE the color on this one BTW!

This is a relief tile I made in an art class a few years ago. We pretty much took slabs of clay, raised and took off bits and pieces. The tiles were put in one of the instructors kilns. Then we used a glaze and they were fired again.

View attachment 2419537
That turned out great it looks so vintage. Looks like it was a fun project.
View attachment 2419539
Here's this.... @cluckmecoop7 's chick, drawn in pencil
I love your drawings @black_cat
View attachment 2419729
Hi all... this is a reverse painting (painting on the back of glass) that I did for my coop.

I started by scrapping off the mirror backing and drew the design using enamel markers. I added a bit of latex paint color for pop... then painted white over the image for the final layer... she’s a Jersey Giant pullet.
Love it! Looks like something you'd buy at the store.
This is a collage made from cut up National Geographic magazines. It has hidden pictures you can find like a hawk, ant, train, frog, seagull, penguin, and more. Can you find them?View attachment 2419827
Wow! I really love the creativity! It turned out pretty awesome!
Not an entry.

A recent feather quilt for someone special-

View attachment 2420703
@SnapdragonQ your talent leaves me speechless! That is really beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom