Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest Series—Mister BYC Beauty Pageant

Pics
Didn't know that. Are they all originally from the same place? Asia? Are they found in the wild in these colors? I don't know much about pheasants, so sorry for all the questions.
Asia, China, mainly, Southeast Asia and Afghanistan, Mongolia, Nepal, Japan, Vietnam, etc.The Yellow Golden is a mutation of the Red Golden, developed by Dr. Gihi in the late 50's early 60's. All the other colors of Goldens are due to selective breeding.... Yellow, Peach, Salmon, Cinnamon, Silver, Dark Throated and the various Splashes of the above colors.

That's too bad about being hard on your hens. Is it his size? He looks big.
Yes, he’s very big. Three hens have taken to hiding in nest boxes trying to escape him. It’s becoming a real problem because the flock stays in the run and the hens crowd to one side. My other rooster, Spatch defends them but he’s like a a pacifist. Chance will end up in freezer camp before the snow comes.

Yes, he’s very big. Three hens have taken to hiding in nest boxes trying to escape him. It’s becoming a real problem because the flock stays in the run and the hens crowd to one side. My other rooster, Spatch defends them but he’s like a a pacifist. Chance will end up in freezer camp before the snow comes.
Sounds like a good plan. Gotta protect those hens first.

Asia, China, mainly, Southeast Asia and Afghanistan, Mongolia, Nepal, Japan, Vietnam, etc.The Yellow Golden is a mutation of the Red Golden, developed by Dr. Gihi in the late 50's early 60's. All the other colors of Goldens are due to selective breeding.... Yellow, Peach, Salmon, Cinnamon, Silver, Dark Throated and the various Splashes of the above colors.
Thank you for explaining it to me. We've raised regular pheasants and the melanistic, so I'm somewhat familiar with those, but not all the other ones.

Name-Bruce
Age-1 year
Color- Dark brown and copper
Breed- Dark Brahma
20231125_144324.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom