Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - What is Your Hobby?

Pics
Entry #1 - Playing Bluegrass Guitar
My absolute favorite hobby is playing bluegrass guitar. I play in my family's six-piece bluegrass band along with my dad (bass), mom (fiddle), brother (dobro), sister (mandolin), and brother (banjo). We have a total blast playing bluegrass, gospel, instrumental, and original music. I am taking lessons from a bluegrass guitar teacher in Nashville and every second of free time I get, you'll find me practicing my guitar. I think it's the most fun thing to do in the whole world!

Attachments

• Guitar.JPG
    Guitar.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Entry #2 - Writing Stories
I LOVE writing fiction stories, especially for children and teenagers. I have my own story writing website and I publish both short stories and full-length ebooks. I think being an author is one of the most satisfying, enjoyable, and fulfilling hobbies ever! My first book was a collection of children's stories, and the title story is about a chicken! It's called "Raymond and the Rooster" and the picture on the front is of a rooster we used to own. We had to get rid of him because he was so mean!

Attachments

• Rooster book.png
    Rooster book.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Entry #3 - Developing Sticker Apps
I design, create, and publish my own iMessage sticker apps for the Apple App Store. I draw the emojis myself, then I do all the developing and publishing work. I have created tons of different sticker apps for iMessage. My most popular app has been "Bluegrass Music Stickers," which I released in June 2019. It features 90 full-color hand-drawn emojis related to bluegrass music! People can send the stickers back and forth in their text conversations if they have an iPad or iPhone. Publishing sticker apps has been a whole lot of fun, and a great way to develop my creativity!

Attachments

• pickin and grinnin.PNG
    pickin and grinnin.PNG
    739.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My number one hobby is sewing and making things for chickens! I started making hen saddles a few years ago after one of my ladies needed one. I just ordered one at first but then wondered if I could made my own. I had never really used the sewing machine before that point. Since then, I have made hundreds of them in all different sizes from serama sized to broad breasted turkey. I've tweaked and adjusted to get the fit, the elastic, and the durability just right :) I started selling them online a couple years ago and their popularity has gone up every year. This year, between selling saddles and chicks, I was able to completely cover the costs of keeping my flock and then some! I also added chicken tutus this fall and have been surprised with how well they've done!

DSCN1542 (2).JPG
DSCN1931.JPG
DSCN1734.JPG
DSCN2544.JPG
DSCN2654.JPG
DSCN2876.JPG

Back
Top Bottom