Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - What is Your Hobby?

Pics
Finally I enjoy painting, mostly watercolor. Here are some pictures of my girls:

View attachment 1971360

View attachment 1971361

View attachment 1971362

View attachment 1971364

View attachment 1971365

View attachment 1971368

Just one more... I really, really love spending time here with you all... what a truly amazing, knowledgeable, kind and generous group of people! Thanks so much for all the great help, advice and encouragement you’ve shared through the past year. :love

I really enjoyed seeing your artwork! You've very good :thumbsup

Entry #1 - I’ve always been fascinated with beekeeping since childhood. My grandmother’s parents were Beekeepers in Italy and she would recount stories of honeybees and their unique abilities. After retiring I took a beekeeping course from the local university and the rest is history.

Attachments

• AB203A73-EE2F-47F9-A05B-58A36F39E7EF.jpeg
    AB203A73-EE2F-47F9-A05B-58A36F39E7EF.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 10
  • D0679384-A1FF-4291-93D2-FB1757C968C3.jpeg
    D0679384-A1FF-4291-93D2-FB1757C968C3.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 10
Entry #1 - I’ve always been fascinated with beekeeping since childhood. My grandmother’s parents were Beekeepers in Italy and she would recount stories of honeybees and their unique abilities. After retiring I took a beekeeping course from the local university and the rest is history.
So cool! I want to build some long hives for next spring. Hope I can attract or buy some northern bees to put in them. Your hive is so pretty. I love the way you’ve painted it!

Hobby Entry #1
  • What is is that you love about this hobby?
  • Preserving part of car culture.
  • When do you do the Hobby?
  • Driving and showing spring, summer, and fall. Tinkering over the winter.
  • What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby?
  • Pay for premium fuel. ;)
  • Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert?
  • None of these really. Just a car guy from when I was a kid. An automotive engineer for my adult career. Now at a point that I can own a unique automobile.
  • Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income?
  • I guess it is part of my job...insofar as I drive it to work during the nice weather.
First picture is the day I picked her up from the body shop after a fresh paint job.
Second picture is a license plate that my dad had. His initials and birth date. Same year as the car.
Middle pictures are at my house.
Last 2 pictures are at a local car show.

For you car buffs out there:
This is a 1968 Ford LTD Brougham.
390 cid engine with factory a/c, p/s, p/b, and disc brakes.
95,000 original miles.

And yes, I have hauled chickens in it. :D
Car1.jpg
Car2.jpg

Car3.jpg
Car4.jpg
Car5.jpg
Car6.jpg
Car7.jpg

Last edited:
Entry #2 - Years ago as a teenager, I admired the Japanese martial arts of archery called Kyudo from afar with such awe and beauty. There was an archery range that these practioners performed and each of their movements were precise and elegant in execution. It is a contemplative, ceremonial, and meditative form of zen art to cleanse mind and spirit while releasing the energy from the bow to the target. I became a practioner several years ago by joining the oldest club (Kyudojo) in the Nation and have enjoyed the art form since. The bow (yumi) is the longest bow in the World and reaches a length of 7 feet.

Attachments

• 9EBECAA8-7EE9-4243-868B-D45191E92BE6.jpeg
    9EBECAA8-7EE9-4243-868B-D45191E92BE6.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 8
Hobby Entry #1: Gardening

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have been gardening since I was a kid. My grandmother was a master gardener and her backyard was a wonderland of fruit trees and cascading flowering bushes that were so large she actually cut a walkway through them. I would love to have that myself someday! For now, I have my vegetable garden and a small backyard orchard with around 50 varieties of fruit trees.

104_5725.JPG

Back
Top Bottom