Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - What is Your Hobby?

Pics
Hobby Entry #1: Gardening

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have been gardening since I was a kid. My grandmother was a master gardener and her backyard was a wonderland of fruit trees and cascading flowering bushes that were so large she actually cut a walkway through them. I would love to have that myself someday! For now, I have my vegetable garden and a small backyard orchard with around 50 varieties of fruit trees.

View attachment 1971872

What a pretty place to sit and relax!

Hobby Entry #2: Drawing & Painting

When I was trying to come up with a name here, CluckNDoodle was inspired by my love to draw (and likely from looking down at my hands on the keyboard being smudged with graphite :lau). My husband, daughter, and I all enjoy arts and crafts. Drawing, painting, sculpting, you name it! I think it's safe to say I have waaaay too many art supplies! I'm sharing a piece that my husband painted because it's probably my favorite piece in the whole house and an older sketch of mine. While looking for pieces to photograph for this entry I've realized haven't kept a single drawing I've done in several years! I did take a picture of the first dog I've ever drawn for a friend (the dog had two different colored eyes if you're wondering why it looks odd, lol).

1 (4).JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
54518896_2240397659352551_1854229465782026240_o.jpg

Hobby Entry #3: Hatching Chicks

It's probably a given that one of my hobbies is chickens :lau but I hit an extreme this year and hatching chicks has been more of an addiction than a hobby, lol. I hatched somewhere around 130 chicks, 6 turkey poults, 3 goslings, 3 peachicks, and 2 quail, all this year in my little tabletop incubators.

4-25-19 White Silkie from Debbie Hatching.jpg
6-15-19 (1).JPG
7-12-19 (3).JPG
7-14-19 (1).JPG

I love photography. I guess you could say I'm more than an amateur and nowhere near a pro. So whatever that is, that's me. Over the years I've had everything from the old and simple to the complicated digital SLR cameras. Now days I use my iPhone. It's easy and most of all, convenient. I like photographing sunrises, sunsets, pets (dogs & chickens), people, portraits that aren't truly portraits. Pretty much anything that catches my eye. My husband will sometimes put his hands up in the way of my camera and say, "no more paparazzi".
I also enjoy making dvd memorial videos from photos and music that I have. Putting the right photos with the right songs. I stayed up all night a few years ago putting one together for my nephew that passed away and my sister would like to use at his funeral service the very next day
And I love music of all kinds. Well... almost all kinds. My very first memory of a favorite song was when I was four years old. It was, "Cathy's Clown" by the Everly Brothers. (Reckon I just gave away a little too much info on my age. lol)
View attachment 1971198 View attachment 1971199

Your images are wonderful! I love photography as well and I never considered myself a pro and yet I have been asked to photograph for friends and then I was asked to be the photographer at a wedding and it went from there! You're a natural!

Finally I enjoy painting, mostly watercolor. Here are some pictures of my girls:

View attachment 1971360

View attachment 1971361

View attachment 1971362

View attachment 1971364

View attachment 1971365

View attachment 1971368

Just one more... I really, really love spending time here with you all... what a truly amazing, knowledgeable, kind and generous group of people! Thanks so much for all the great help, advice and encouragement you’ve shared through the past year. :love

I love your paintings! I absolutely adore the cows! :love

Your images are wonderful! I love photography as well and I never considered myself a pro and yet I have been asked to photograph for friends and then I was asked to be the photographer at a wedding and it went from there! You're a natural!

I love your paintings! I absolutely adore the cows! :love
Thanks! The cows are my sweeties... so much fun to brush them. :love

I recently learned to make fleece socks, mittens, and neck warmers from videos on you tube. Fabric store had big sale on fleece, 60% off, then remnants an additional 50% off, so I made a bunch.
socks
socks galore.jpg

mittens
I don't know why it works, but it does, this strange shape makes a 3 dimensional mitten from one piece of fleece
mittens.jpg

neck warmers
warmers.jpg

socks video:
mittens video
neck warmer video:

I had the hobby of gray eggs, but a skunk wiped me out...
baba.PNG

Now my passion is making incubators, I have made them from plastic coffee cans, to water jugs, wooden boxes, coolers, you name it, if I think I can make it into an incubator, I probably have, or thought about it.
1goll.PNG
dawnacus 546.jpg
One thing I don't do in making my incubators, is I don't do wiring, I use a lamp of some sort, with foil, to keep it from getting too hot, and most incubators, I have made were only 15w. I also still air, and in a smaller box like this one I have dry hatched.

Back
Top Bottom