Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - What is Your Hobby?

Pics
Yes, I did see that. It's a phenomenal amount of work to organize that an keep up with links to new recipes. Is that your labor of love?

I started the thread never imagining where it would go. Once the recipes started building up, @sumi helped me with starting to make some sense out of them. Now @ronott1 and @rjohns39 do most of the indexing. The thread is a team effort for sure :)

What other hidden gems are threaded through this site?

There are many. Like the people I first met here who became friends in real life. Two in particular who attended me when I had major surgery and needed a relative to stay during the operations. Another two helped my adopt shelter animals that needed a good home.
My BYC family is closer and more loyal than my real family ever was. They are all gems to me.

There are many. Like the people I first met here who became friends in real life. Two in particular who attended me when I had major surgery and needed a relative to stay during the operations. Another two helped my adopt shelter animals that needed a good home.
My BYC family is closer and more loyal than my real family ever was. They are all gems to me.

:love

I 110% concur with you! When my home flooded a lot of my byc friends did everything they could for me in the form of care packages, constant support and they Are Gems!

Hobby #1: Crocheting
I absolutely love making crochet things. I taught myself to crochet by watching video tutorials about 8 years ago. I crochet left handed, so i enjoy the challenge of having to figure out things myself as there are fewer tutorials for lefties.
I have actually learned a LOT about crocheting, and although I am not an expert, I would consider myself proficient.
I have crocheted gifts for people, but have also sold some items.
I'm posting a few pics of some of my work. 20180330_113057.jpg 20191120_131338.jpg 20191126_141228.jpg IMG_20171016_185010838.jpg Message951512867925263.jpg

Hobby #1—artwork.
I've done some work with many different mediums, such as oil, acrylic, and watercolour paints, oil and chalk pastel, charcoal, sculpting, and printmaking, but my favourite would have to be the simple graphite pencil. Lately I've been rather lax (all of these images are over a year old, some significantly more than that) but once my free time clears up a bit I intend to return to it fully.
pencil1.jpg pencil3.jpg Screenshot from 2019-04-16 16-46-56.png oil3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom