Official BYC Poll: How Long Have You Been Keeping Chickens?

How Long Have You Been Keeping Chickens?

• I haven’t started yet

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Less than a year

Votes: 94 22.5%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 93 22.2%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 55 13.2%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 47 11.2%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 30 7.2%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • 11-14 years

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • 15-19 years

Votes: 16 3.8%
  • 20-29 years

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • 30+ years

Votes: 26 6.2%
  • I used to, but dont anymore (please tell us why in a reply below)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Pics

BYC Project Manager

BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Feb 22, 2009
Keeping chickens is not only fun and easy but extremely beneficial! Chickens can be an amazing resource for food and entertainment, and keeping chickens is an effective step towards self-sufficiency.

So: How Long Have You Been Keeping Chickens?

Please place your vote above, and elaborate in a reply below if you used to keep chickens but no longer do.

official byc poll (7).png

Further Reading:
(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)

Keeping chickens is not only fun and easy but extremely beneficial! Chickens can be an amazing resource for food and entertainment, and keeping chickens is an effective step towards self-sufficiency.

So: How Long Have You Been Keeping Chickens?

Please place your vote above, and elaborate in a reply below if you used to keep chickens but no longer do.

View attachment 2786854

Further Reading:
(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
I started raising chickens with my family in like 2010, and have helped raise them on and off since then. Went to college for a few years so that was when I was the least involved with them. So technically, I’ve been raising chickens (albeit not my own) for a total of 7-8ish years, but finally had my own first flock for the last 3 1/2 years.

2 years, 7 months... There was no inbetween vote so I just picked 1-2 yrs.
Bad start to chicken keeping though the lady I bought them from used my inexperience against me, all 3 died in the end from genetic illness I suspect interbred way too much. I got more off her too, only 1 remaining a 9 year old hen (I got a rooster from someone else and bred them so I have more)

Back
Top Bottom