Official BYC Poll: How Many Different Egg Colors Are You Getting (or plan to be getting) From Your Flock This Year?

How Many Different Egg Colors Are You Getting (or plan to be getting) From Your Flock This Year?

• No eggs yet

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Only one color

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Two different colors

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Three different colors

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Four or more different colors

Votes: 84 50.9%
  • Too many to count - they’re all slightly different

Votes: 31 18.8%

• Total voters
Pics
I have sex links, cuckoo maran, Orpington, Orpington/RhodeIsland red mixes, Isa Brown, wyandottes, and silkies. You can say two colors because of the brown from my good layers and white from my silkies, but each brown egg is a different shade of brown. One day I want all different colored eggs.
@gimmie birdies
What chickens do you have to get such a wide range of egg colors! It's amazing!!!

I have Barred Rocks, Copper Marans, Easter Eggers, and one Rhode Island Red. The funny thing to me is that one of my Marans lays eggs almost identical to the RIR.

Attachments

• 20220325_082340.jpg
    20220325_082340.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 4
I have blue azures, blue eggs, cornish rock crosses, light and darker brown, and speckled brown, barn yard mixes, off white, and speckled, and currently have chick Norian, and white leg horns, hopefully will get dark chocolate from the Norians and white from the leg horns.

Attachments

• 20220503_090822.jpg
    20220503_090822.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 3
a blue egg is blue all the way through. It's often bluer on the inside than the outside, because the bloom that is overlaid modifies the colour. (So any breed laying a blue egg will give blue inside.)
My blue are broken then :D, they are blue on the outside, yellow yoke, and clear white on the inside

Are you peeling back the inner membrane of the egg to see this? Because that inner membrane will make it look white on the inside regardless of the color of the shell. Yours look like a pale blue in that picture so they likely will be pale on the inside as well.

Back
Top Bottom