Official BYC Poll: What Do Your Chickens Live In?

What Do Your Chickens Live In?

• Coop Only

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Coop + Open space / free-range / no fencing

Votes: 50 9.5%
  • Coop + Entire fenced backyard / area

Votes: 75 14.3%
  • Coop + Enclosed Run

Votes: 139 26.4%
  • Coop + Enclosed Run + Access to yard

Votes: 242 46.0%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 16 3.0%

• Total voters
I'd read an article on things that don't work/things to do differently.

Lots of great articles of course. I would send them things specific to that ducky deck that were a "well that didn't work as well as I thought".

Like the placement of the ball valve and trap door to access it.....which still froze in winter and was a FAVORITE poop location.

I can pm you more pics and what I found to not work/things to do differently if you like.
That'll be great. My husband is working on the coup as we speak. Metal frame surrounded by wire with wooden nest boxes. Divided into two areas for new chicks to go out (with heat lamps both sides) It'll be in a shed (being all theirs). When let out they can stay in the shed with the hay/pea straw or can venture into the overgrown fenced off backyard. We are putting all the rosters out the farm to have a rooster flock.

Ok folks here's mine! It's cleaning day so forgive the mess. They like to perch on the poles at night and pay in the mini coop during the day. When I'm home I let them run around in the yard with my dog babysitting. Otherwise here in Phoenix hawks or stray cats will get them. At night they put themselves to bed, which is great because we have coyotes.. I do shut the gate at night and when I'm not home.

I only have 4 but it's perfect for them
20211002_092438.jpg
20211002_092429.jpg

Ok folks here's mine! It's cleaning day so forgive the mess. They like to perch on the poles at night and pay in the mini coop during the day. When I'm home I let them run around in the yard with my dog babysitting. Otherwise here in Phoenix hawks or stray cats will get them. At night they put themselves to bed, which is great because we have coyotes.. I do shut the gate at night and when I'm not home.

I only have 4 but it's perfect for them View attachment 2853338View attachment 2853335
I r e a l l y like that a l o t! Did you have to pull a permit for it? It makes perfect sense for a warm weather coop. I like your multiple security fences and gates, strategic shade, fans, fun perches. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo :clap. And cute too! Great thought and effort!! As a warm weather chicken keeper I totally get this ♡

I r e a l l y like that a l o t! Did you have to pull a permit for it? It makes perfect sense for a warm weather coop. I like your multiple security fences and gates, strategic shade, fans, fun perches. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo :clap. And cute too! Great thought and effort!! As a warm weather chicken keeper I totally get this ♡
No actually, no permits, hoa's or restrictions from the city. I can only have hens no roosters. Actually the coop was already here when I bought the house, just made modifications

Back
Top Bottom