Official BYC Poll: What humidity do you use in incubation (first 18 days)?

What humidity do you use in incubation?

• 30-40%

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • I don't have an incubator

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Whatever humidity my broody wants!

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
I think the answer to this also depends on the climate where you live. I’m in north eastern Washington state. I run my incubator 30-45% during the first 18 and then raise to 55-60% for lockdown. If I did dry technique it would sit at 4% 😅 haven’t had the guts to try it yet…

I think the answer to this also depends on the climate where you live. I’m in north eastern Washington state. I run my incubator 30-45% during the first 18 and then raise to 55-60% for lockdown. If I did dry technique it would sit at 4% 😅 haven’t had the guts to try it yet…
Same here! It’s very humid in MS but I’m having a hard time risking an entire hatch on an experiment. I love the idea of a more simplistic hatching experience though. Maintaining 50-60% takes some effort but I know it works. Those of you that dry hatch, how low does it get???

Same here! It’s very humid in MS but I’m having a hard time risking an entire hatch on an experiment. I love the idea of a more simplistic hatching experience though. Maintaining 50-60% takes some effort but I know it works. Those of you that dry hatch, how low does it get???
That’s a great question, wondering the same on how low it’s ok to go 🤔

Back
Top Bottom