Official BYC Poll: What Poultry Are You Currently Raising?

What Poultry Are You Currently Raising?

• Chickens

Votes: 410 94.3%
  • Ducks

Votes: 125 28.7%
  • Quail

Votes: 58 13.3%
  • Turkey

Votes: 46 10.6%
  • Geese

Votes: 31 7.1%
  • Guinea Fowl

Votes: 32 7.4%
  • Peafowl

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Pheasants

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Partridge

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Pigeons

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Doves

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • Parrots

Votes: 26 6.0%
  • Canaries

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Swans

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Finches

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Ostriches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rheas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emu

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Other (mention in comments)

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
I have quail and chickens. I want ducks, more quail, peafowl and pheasants.

My "neighbor" (the houses are far away) has emus and she sells Christmas trees, and on each tag for the tree, she wrote "emu approved" with a emu- footprint printed on it :lol:
Have you had much success or tried raising the quail and reintroducing them to the wild? Cousin has been trying to increase the number of coveys he has on his property and wondered if caged to wild was a viable choice?

Yup, nobody here but us chickens!

I don't see myself getting any other birds besides more chickens. Spring fever and chicken math are gonna hit me in February. When TSC starts having chick days... tie me down.
I tend to be less tempted when the brooders( yes multiple) are already full of things I am hatching at home.... well most of the time anyway( except when they have something I am itching to get my hands on)
so when the local feed stores get chicks I will already have turkey, quail and chicks in the brooders so way less tempting:D

Have you had much success or tried raising the quail and reintroducing them to the wild? Cousin has been trying to increase the number of coveys he has on his property and wondered if caged to wild was a viable choice?
Sorry, I don't reintroduce them at this moment- I may in the future, although my area is a heavy hunting area, so I don't think they'd last long.

Anyways, Good for him! :clap

Back
Top Bottom