Official BYC Poll: What type of incubator do you use?

What type of incubator do you use?

• Total voters
GQF cabinet incubator and a home made forced air cabinet Hatcher with computer type fans to help save electricity. Havent done a hatch in yrs but plan on getting after it this Spring 2021.

I really enjoy hatching chicks.

I prefer to prepare for disaster when it comes to incubating eggs.
Your current incubator (anybody's current incubator) may last a dozen years, or it could 'conk out' on your next hatch.

I'd like to recommend that you purchase a backup incubator before this one stops working. You can leave it in the box, brand new, until that fateful day when you find yourself in need of it. This backup plan will save you the stress of either rushing to a store and buying whatever they have available or waiting for it to be delivered.

Perhaps that's just the prepper (slash) girl scout talking, but it's what I've done, and what I recommend.
Hey sorry I just now saw this but thanks for the tip...I actually picked one out that’s much better and I’m planning on ordering it within the next wk. I hope to upgrade to a 32 egg incubator but I might do 56. It’s a yescom I believe with auto turning, built in candlers for each egg, two water channels/kettles on either side and It’s roughly completely automatic so you don’t need to do much after setting the eggs.

Yes! It's a great beginner incubator for anyone! I would highly suggest it and the magicfly 10 egg incubator. Though I haven't been able to find a magicfly for awhile.
Yeah me neither actually. The little giant was my first choice but then I realised that tsc rarely has it in stock either. I’m in nc and the closest one was in ok and shipping is usually expensive from there.

Yeah me neither actually. The little giant was my first choice but then I realised that tsc rarely has it in stock either. I’m in nc and the closest one was in ok and shipping is usually expensive from there.
I've heard good and bad things on the little giant? Have you used it before? I've got 9 silkies hatching in my Eco right now and so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom