Official BYC Polls -- Your feedback and ideas needed!

Do you think your chickens are smart or dumb like most people think they are. Then tell what they do that makes you believe they are smart or dumb. I believe we could find out from others stories that our feathered friends are really quite intelligent! I know my stories would make people think twice!

I couldn’t find the newer thread where to post poll ideas.
Project manager, can you post the link here? And close this one?

This is the poll idea:
How old was the oldest rooster you ever had ?
  • my oldest rooster was no more than 5 years old
  • my oldest rooster was between 5 and 8 years old
  • my oldest rooster was between 8 and 10 years old (and please tell us how old)
  • my oldest rooster was more than 10 years old (and please tell us how old)
  • I always cull, sell or give away my cockerels because I can’t keep roosters.
I’m curious what kills them (if you know) when all you’re roosters die young. And also how the old roosters lived and what feed they got.

Shepherd, have we done a "how to prepare for power outages" or "what do you do when your power goes out" poll? Got another storm blowing through, and I'm sitting here with two incubators, one hatcher, & one brooder that will need power when our power goes out and I am wondering what other people do to keep from losing eggs and chicks.

Shepherd, have we done a "how to prepare for power outages" or "what do you do when your power goes out" poll? Got another storm blowing through, and I'm sitting here with two incubators, one hatcher, & one brooder that will need power when our power goes out and I am wondering what other people do to keep from losing eggs and chicks.
If it helps any I used hot water bottles/jars for freshly hatched chicks.

Back
Top Bottom