Ended Official BYC Recipe Photo Contest - #1

Pics
I'm making #274 for supper tonight.
ONE SKILLET POTATOES & HAMBURGER.
nothing like a-stick-to-your-ribs meat and potatoes meal.
20210420_194129.jpg
20210420_194002.jpg

Last edited:
This will be the last one.... I feel like I’m taking them all
Dont stop!
You are doing beautiful!
There are 449 recipies, plenty for everyone who wants to participate.
I already have a couple more possibilities picked out, just have to pick up some ingredients from the store.
I think if there was a limit they would tell us or, cut us off!

I have a question, though ... 🤔

This is like, a contest, right? I didn't see anything in the rules about how a winner is to be picked. If by taste, who are the judges? (Not possible.) Best photo of the finished product? How do you compare frosting to deviled eggs? Will there be voting? What if we all vote for our own dish? Hmmmm. Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

Okay. At least THIS Inquiring Mind does! (See, I can whisper, too!)

I have a question, though ... 🤔

This is like, a contest, right? I didn't see anything in the rules about how a winner is to be picked. If by taste, who are the judges? (Not possible.) Best photo of the finished product? How do you compare frosting to deviled eggs? Will there be voting? What if we all vote for our own dish? Hmmmm. Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

Okay. At least THIS Inquiring Mind does! (See, I can whisper, too!)
Since it’s a photo contest I’m guessing the emphasis is more on the picture presentation & less on the recipe.

You’re an excellent whisperer by the way.

:frow Put me down for #34, Hummingbird Cake, please! I read the recipe, it sounds good. But I don't see that it actually calls for any hummingbirds, which is good because a) my Walmart doesn't carry them, and 2. I probably couldn't afford them if they did, although they would make an adorable garnish if you could get them to just hover about the cake! So can anyone tell me why it's called Hummingbird Cake?

Very sugary, maybe?
Maybe you could make a cute little hummingbird with colored icing or fondant!

"Originally, it was called the “Doctor bird cake”, a nickname for a Jamaican variety of hummingbird called the Red-billed Streamertail. The name came from the way the bird’s long beak probes flowers, like a doctor inspecting a patient. So what does that have to do with a pineapple and banana cake? Some say the cake was named after the bird because it was sweet enough to attract hummingbirds (who eat only nectar), while others say the yellow streaks of banana was reminiscent of the bird’s plumage." Source

"Originally, it was called the “Doctor bird cake”, a nickname for a Jamaican variety of hummingbird called the Red-billed Streamertail. The name came from the way the bird’s long beak probes flowers, like a doctor inspecting a patient. So what does that have to do with a pineapple and banana cake? Some say the cake was named after the bird because it was sweet enough to attract hummingbirds (who eat only nectar), while others say the yellow streaks of banana was reminiscent of the bird’s plumage." Source
Nice! Thank you for your research! I got the pineapple today so will probably make it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom