Official Poultryland thread (See first page)

Quote:
I guess that must help a lot.

Since my new program involves lowering inbreeding, the older generations are getting released quickly anyway. I killed a lot of birds just yesterday after analyzing their pedigrees.
old.gif

Good luck with your goal!
thumbsup.gif
It may be tough, but that makes it all the more noble.

Yeah, some of your birds were terrifically inbred, I didn't even think it was possible!
Yes, analysing pedigrees is something I enjoy doing a lot
old.gif
I like breeding birds from starters - hence Taffy and Emmett, because it presents morelow-inbred breeding opportunities.

It took me a long time to reach that level of inbreeding, and it seems that breeding down is even slower. I'll need to start generating disposable starters soon, no doubt.
hmm.png

Quote:
Yeah, some of your birds were terrifically inbred, I didn't even think it was possible!
Yes, analysing pedigrees is something I enjoy doing a lot
old.gif
I like breeding birds from starters - hence Taffy and Emmett, because it presents morelow-inbred breeding opportunities.

It took me a long time to reach that level of inbreeding, and it seems that breeding down is even slower. I'll need to start generating disposable starters soon, no doubt.
hmm.png

Are you just breeding Seramas? I can lend you some of my birds as studs.

Quote:
You have a great chance. You can do it for sure!

I certainly hope so. I'm just over 17, 000 - it's been shooting up the past few days. Hope I can keep it up!

Quote:
hmm.png

Yeah, I'm just using Seramas. Mostly pinkish birds. Do you have any pink birds that are mostly unrelated Boatgirl birds? I can't remember what you breed.
hide.gif

Quote:

Yeah, I'm just using Seramas. Mostly pinkish birds. Do you have any pink birds that are mostly unrelated Boatgirl birds? I can't remember what you breed.
hide.gif

Don't worry about it! Erm... I breed all sorts of stuff. Mostly show breeds. I have a pink-ish bird I bought off Delta, and she has some very pink descendants I don't think would be related to your seramas.

Is it just me, or did giddermup retire from PL? She hasn't posted any shows and I can't find her on the lists!
idunno.gif

Quote:
Yes, I've noticed it too - I went on at GM time for the past few nights - no contests, so I sometimes make my own.
After her birds died (they did a few days ago) she seemed to have stop making contests. She might start again when the chicks on her ranch grow up - who knows.

Quote:
Yes, I've noticed it too - I went on at GM time for the past few nights - no contests, so I sometimes make my own.
After her birds died (they did a few days ago) she seemed to have stop making contests. She might start again when the chicks on her ranch grow up - who knows.

Aw, that's too bad. Hopefully she'll feel like coming back soon. I've been trying to spread out the ages of my birds for that very reason.

Quote:

Aw, that's too bad. Hopefully she'll feel like coming back soon. I've been trying to spread out the ages of my birds for that very reason.

What difference does age make to contests?
pop.gif

My birds are still fairly young. A few have just gone over 100.

Back
Top Bottom