Oh, fer pity's sake, DO SOMETHING!

corvidae

Songster
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
Utah
I know we are only on day 20, but I am completely losing my mind here! 19 eggs in the 'bator and they are all just SITTING there like...well...like EGGS, dangit! I'm driving myself crazy checking them every 20 minutes. It's ridiculous and I feel like an idiot! I wasn't this wound up when I was pregnant with my own kids, for the love of pete!

Ok, I think you should go boil some water. That's what they always do in the old movies when it's time for the baby to come.
gig.gif

Go prepare! Get some clean towels and boil water... Wait wrong birth!
big_smile.png

To keep yourself occupied keep rearranging the brooder and have feeder and waterer ready to go. And heat lamp set up and temp. monitored. That should make you even more anxious.... good luck!

LMAO! I totally feel for you! I think I have studied chickens more than I did when I was looking up all the info I could find about being pregnant! My neighborhood considers me the chicken expert (which I am not) and get all sorts of odd questions regarding chickens.
I would happily sit for hours on end watching and waiting for chicks to hatch but, alas, I've got a husband that already thinks I've lost my mind and children to take care of. At least the kids are sharing my chicken passion! I'm raising them well!
gig.gif

Yup i know how you feel.
Mine are due tomorrow as well (as you already know)
And are still just sitting there.
Is this normal?
I am seriously going insane, since i keep reading posts about pips happening on days 19, and 20.
And also on those days hearing peeps, and eggs rocking.
All I have seen is, the eggs just sitting there.
he.gif

Mine are due on thursday morning but usually start to hatch the day before, so I will be with you tomorrow!!! I always go in there with the flashlight and check like ever 10 minutes...everyone thinks I am crazy but its so fun to see thoes first pips! Gives you hope for the hatch. Hopefully we dont make ourselvs to crazy!
tongue.png

I'll be joining you guys shortly. We go into lockdown tomorrow night. This has been a very fast three weeks but only because we did another hatch about 10 days ago. LOL. Ahh, yes, the joys of 2 incubators. Hehehe.

My boyfriend told me he thought I was broody. Hang in there. I got my first pip late on the 20th day. Stayed up all night and they hatch the next day. Good luck and I feel your pain.

If you are going crazy go to the feed store and get 2 chicks. That's what I did. The chicks kept me busy and I was able to wait out the hatch. Nothing like an early treat.

Back
Top Bottom