6. They want a copy of my licence
7. They want a copy of a bill proving residence
8. They limited my account
9. I can't close my account
10. I can't delete my bank account
11. I CAN receive $$$
12. I CAN'T send money
13. I CAN'T withdraw $$$
14. So basiclly I am screwed because I will not send my personal info that they already have.
15. repeat 1-4

It's a tie for who I hate more, Paypal or Ebay
roll.png

The problem with PayPal is that they operate like a bank, but they aren't, and aren't limited and overseen by laws like banks are. I will never use it. I've heard too many stories like yours. They're basically an unregulated free agent and you have no recourse once they start screwing with you.

Quote:
E-bay owns paypal.

I closed the bank account tied to paypal because they wouldn't let me delete it.

What are you selling? Since I sell vintage and/or antique items I moved to etsy.com, I like it a LOT better than ebay. I still get ticked at PayPal - they charge outrageous fees and every time I conduct a transaction through them I start getting spam all over again. I don't trust their security at all.

Lots of different things.
I told DH this morning I will be doing more with my Etsy account. E-bay is loosing out big. DH had a whole bunch of things to sell this winter. Vintage skateboards and accessories. Hey, wait a minute. If it is vintage it can be sold on Etsy too. Yay!!!

E-bay just lost our account too.

Last edited:
Hey, you CAN make them un-limit your account without sending anything. Trust me.

I wrote the emails for both my sisters and my wifes accounts that they were limited, i pretended i was them.

I did not send them ANYTHING. And i made them remove the limitation. It took me 2 tries on my sisters account and several times (maybe 10) to un-limit my wifes account.

1)For my sisters account i told them i am in rush to buy gifts from ebay and that they should not limit my account without asking me. After 2 tries it worked.

2)For my wifes account i was following the line: i have no official service bills (electricity or phone) registered on my name, its all on my husbands name, and i told them i have no bank account reports either and that the bank is miles away and i cannot travel so long distance because i have to watch after my newborn. It worked after about 10 tries (emails) i ended up writing emails like "are you beeing eronic? i dont want you to respond me again, i need somebody else to help me from Paypal service" and also when they said "the law requires that kind of papers for us to identify you" i told them "does the law says when paypal should limit my account too" that was the last email and they unblocked the account.

They also blocked my account years ago, then Paypal was sold to another company and all i had to do to unlock it was a phone call to them, but that was years ago and does not count if they limited your account recently.

Keep sending them emails and follow a line of excuses, they WILL remove the limitation, be patient in the beggining, but it will still work if you LOOSE YOUR COOL UP IN HERE UP IN HERE

Good luck, dont forget services are our tools, and we just need to use them they way we have too. Dont listen to them. Keep asking. I hope this helps.

A satisfied Paypal and eBay member for 10 years.

Edit: Thanks for mentioning Etsy, i never heard of it before
sad.png
bookmarked now
frow.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom