Oh Man. I need to step away from the incubators!

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
I dont have one. I really do NOT need one. Bad enough I have a roo out there in the "hen" house as it is.

But I just found myself looking at a incubator. A small one, sure. But still. Like I need to be hatching eggs!! Bad enough I am going over to Ideal and looking at "what I can add to my small flock in the spring"
I have a small flock for a reason darnit. I shouldnt be looking at all!!
barnie.gif

Not buying another horse makes sense. But darn if the chickens arent addictive and SO EASY!

HEH HEH! I am too, sitting on my hands NOT TO INCUBATE eggs this year. Its hard but easy to look thru the catalogs and just mill around to see what breeds to add this year or increase number of same breeds.

I have not hatched since June, so that is HAAAAAAAAAARD!

Everyone needs an incubator. Hatching is so much fun and the kids really love it. Then you get to enjoy the babies! The hardest part is putting it away each fall.
smile.png

I am in the same boat. I don't need anymore chickens right now, but I REALLY want an incubator. Told myself I would wait till spring, but I REALLY want a bator....
Only thing holding me back is trying to decide on what kind to get. I don't have a clue...
jumpy.gif

Sigh. I must be a real addict then because I am NOT putting it away.
hmm.png

LOL, get the incubator, hatch some chickies!
big_smile.png

I had put mine away for the summer, it's really bad when people start knocking on your door and saying will you hatch some peeps for me? As I run to the closets and bring the bators back out!!
big_smile.png

I asked my mom, (I'm 46) to get me an incubator for Christmas, she just laughed at me. She likes to remind me of the day when I was 3 yrs old, accidentally backed up to a bucket of eggs and plopped my rear in the bucket!

I'm drooling over the bators in my eggcartons.com catalog. I want one, I need one, I must have one...

My hen house is full. No room for more babies, but I have all these experimental breedings running thru my brain.

I am tough, picked up a different-colored EE at the feed store last week and put it back. Almost cried yesterday when I went to the feed store to pick up the chick after all, and she was sold! Don't need another chick...

But I asked my DH for an incubator for Christmas. We'll see if he pulls thru on it. If he does, that means he has to build another hen house.

Oh am I glad I'm not the only one! I'm going for the Christmas present route....I'm going to tell him I want either a new house or a incubator. He will think I'm suggesting a house for us to live in, buy an incubator and when spring arrives he will figure out I was wanting a new hen house for all the chicks I will be hatching.....I think this will work!

Back
Top Bottom