Oh my God...I can't breath....my heart is racing........it's here!!!

kjpanda

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane Valley, WA
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I was unloading groceries from the car and I heard one of the girls making the most God awful racket! I thought for sure she was hurt and somehow she had gotten caught behind or under something inside the coop, so I ran, ok hobbled as fast as I could, dropping bags as I went to save her!! As I peered into the window to see what was wrong, she (white Plymouth Rock, 1 day shy of 22 weeks old) nonchalantly hopped down off the roost and then I saw it....on the poop board....in all its glory. It was the most beautiful, perfect egg I have ever seen in my life. I gently cradled it in my hands and carried it inside. It was then I realized there was NO ONE HOME BUT ME!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I placed it into the ceramic chicken egg holder I bought just for this occasion and took the pictures below.

On a blue background:

87609_1st_egg_2.jpg

On a red background:

87609_first_egg_090911_1124_hours.jpg

By itself:

87609_1st_egg.jpg

Next to the last store bought egg for me!!!

87609_1st_egg_vs_store_bought.jpg

I want to bronze the egg. I can't bring myself to break it. It is the most expensive egg I have ever bought. (Gulp....nearly $1000....but worth every penny!)

Happy hobble dance time!!!!!
old.gif

Congrats!!!!!!
ya.gif

Wish that you could preserve it some way like new stores that frame and place on the wall, the 1st dollar that they make. That would be so cool.

Back
Top Bottom