Oh my Gosh. More egg problems, need advice on what to do.

ScissorChick

Songster
9 Years
Dec 17, 2010
Under Your bed
Well, all my eggs have hatched. (One batch, anyways)

All but one little egg, who has been trying to hatch for about 48 hours.

My incubator is absolutely DISGUSTING (Thanks to my 10 trouble makers who hatched 2 days ago)

It smells, and needs cleaned. The egg's membrane is a nasty green color, and the chick is making no

progress, and hasn't for a while. Do I need to do anything? Could he actually die because of the

bacteria in the 'bator? Oh my. Been a rough week. Don't want this little guy to die.

Thanks.

Last edited:
There are a lot of different opinions out here on whether to help or not. If you have bacteria building up I would help him out. If he is not ready to hatch yet (I am assuming he is since you saw the membrane already) then you are stuck unless you have a second bator. Good luck!

Oh, hes ready.His foot is hanging out, but the position he is in has him stuck. I think

humidity is a bit high, plus the nasty bator ... Doesn't mix well. Would you help?

i would help too.. i have helped quite a few chicks that were shrink wrapped. just do it slowly and carefully.

in that case yes, get him out of it as fast as possible. follow the same procedure as with the other chick, sugar water and egg yolk
big_smile.png

OK

Egg is opened, and there is yellow/green goo CAKED onto the chick's bottom half. ALL OVER him.

Is it possible the egg yolk busted? Is this some form of bacteria? Yellow, egg yolk colored Poop?

I did not take him all the way out of the egg, because I was afraid it was busted yolk.
barnie.gif
He's

Screaming, and kicking, so, I do not think he is weak in any way. The egg smelled horifically bad as

I opened it. If it IS busted, he somehow managed to do so.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom