OH MY, NEW EGGS. WHAT DO I DO?????????

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
My father in law gave me a dozen eggs to eat. BUT they are fresh and he just got them from under the hen. WHAT DO I DO??????

Should I put them in the bator and let DH kill me?
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I can always tell him, you all told me to do it. LOL

I would have to give them away.

If it were me I would evaluate if I needed more chickens. Then if the answer is yes...check in with hubbie. It would be hard to hide an incubator running and twelve peeping babies!

jumpy.gif

Hmmm I understand the urge - but if you would have to give away all the chicks what is your purpose? I'm still trying to figure out how to explain to my husband next week about the eggs I have incubating...

He has been down in Georgia since February.

There are always more eggs.

Oh the dilema!!! LOL! Can you just put some in the bator??? I'm really no help because I get the eggs add them to the bator and then fill in hubby when he realizes there's more eggs in there! LOL!

I have to add... I am brand spanking new to chicken rearing... so the eggs I get and hatch go to my new flock as I have no existing one...

Last edited:
I just love to hatch eggs I could do it all year. Well my daughter and grandchildren are coming up next month and I wanted them to see some hatch. So I better not do these. I will wait until the end of the month like I planned. I have a lady that will take them next month. But boy it’s so hard not to do them. I feel like I’m killing them. I guess we better eat them.
hit.gif

ahem...I can't believe I am hearing this question. What else do you do with eggs, but incubate them.
lau.gif
haha

Jody

Back
Top Bottom