Oh no!! Incubator got unplugged!

chickenlover2251

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
I woke up this morning and the incubator temperature was 76.3. I realized that the extension plug I had plugged into the wall was unplugged. It's been about 10 hours. And they were on day 1. Can they still make it???

I'm not an expert, I'm on my first hatch, but from what i've been reading, you should still have a chance. Give it a few days and candle. I bet they will be just fine. Good Luck!

They should be just fine, Ive left my door open on mine all day about 1/2 way through hatch and still they were fine. Good luck.

I am new to this, but from what I have read and heard. Day 1 you should not have a problem. It seem day 4-7 are key days to make sure nothing is screwed up. Which I had a power outage for 10 hours or more during those days, and now I am on day 18 and mine are still growing. Not sure if they will hatch, but they are still going. Lost some also from it, but I think you will be fine.

If they were only on day 1, there's every chance that they hadn't even fully heated up to 99.5 yet anyway. If you've got big eggs, getting them up to temp can take a full day and then some. I bet it won't make any difference whatsoever. But if you think it might be able to happen again, how about putting some duct tape over the wall plug and the extension plug, that way you'll know they'll be safe...

Back
Top Bottom