OH NO... rookie mistake, help?

itsKaykay

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Yorba Linda, California
So... I'm completely and utterly new to incubating eggs. I am using an R-Com Mini, which holds 3 eggs. I didn't want to flub up my first attempt with a batch of confirmed fertile eggs (think of the poor future little fur balls that might not exist!) so I purchased some 3 day old (Yep, I got EXTREMELY lucky to find the newer batch!) fertile chicken eggs from Trader Joe's after reading up on a few success stories!

It's been 6 days since I first put them into my bator and it took every ounce of will power not to try and open it up to candle them too early! Well today was the day I decided that I couldn't wait any longer. I opened the bator and reached in to pick up the first egg... but as I was lifting it up, my thumb lost it's grip and it kind of fumble/rolled back down!!! I'd have to say it was a 2-3cm drop with a slight roll into it's original slot in the incubator (egg shaped divots made to hold each egg in place).
he.gif
hit.gif
I've read online that you mustn't rock or shake them or else it scrambles them!!

I proceeded with candling that egg and hoped it was a dud to save some heartache.............
ep.gif
but it was an AMAZINGLY clear and very detailed example of a growing embryo!!!! EXTREMELY clear dark veins branching out from the middle where I saw a blurry small outline with a super dark spot in the middle of it, I swear it's the eye. I was so surprised I saw the eye since it's only the 6th day and because the images I've seen online made me think it'd be hard to see the veins in the first place!!!

barnie.gif
Of course.... with my luck, the other 2 eggs that I handled extremely well and gently never developed, not even a tiny bit. I had to chuck them.

My question is... will my first future baby be ok??
bow.gif
Please somebody tell me something positive!! I placed it back in the bator carefully and apologized to both egg and bator multiple times (really, I did, ask my bator).

Back
Top Bottom