OH NO! Rotten eggs? But today is the big day 21!!!

youngjedi32002

Songster
8 Years
May 2, 2011
East Coast
OH NO!!! I have been on lock down now for 3 days, and today is the BIG day. My temp and humidity have been incredibly (and surprisingly) consistent and I have been quite happy with and hopeful about the whole thing! But I just slipped my hand in to wipe some condensation off the window of the incubator and it is stinky. It smells like bad eggs but I don't know which one! Is it one, is it all??? I do not know! I don't know what to do!!! Oh, boy, do i need HELP!

I cannot help on this subject, but i wish you well and I will bump your post up to top ...Best wishes
hugs.gif

Did you candle the eggs prior to lockdown? Are you sure that all of them were developed or could you have an eggs that never developed in there?

If today is day 21, I certainly wouldnt open up the bator and take a chance of drying out the eggs during hatching. If you can stand the smell perhaps those that are going to hatch will do it quickly

Not much you can do at this point other than hope the viable ones will get here quickly. Do you see pips in any eggs yet? If today is day 21 you should begin seeing that

I did candle prior to lock down but it was hard to see much of anything other than an air pocket. From what I could tell, things looked pretty good. When i started lock down, there was a dip in temp and then there was a spike. I just don't know what to think. I don't have any pips yet. I am just keeping my fingers crossed at this point!

Back
Top Bottom