Oh no... Way overdue eggs? Please read... I need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Quail' started by EggHatcherr, Jan 1, 2017.

1. EggHatcherr

EggHatcherr Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2016
    I'm very new to hatching eggs. Its my first time ever incubating. I have corturnix quail eggs in the incubator. Its like day 21 of incubation. They are suppose to hatch at like day 17-18 right?:( There is no movement or anything. I candle them, no internal pips or anything. Its just dark... But no signs of movement. When I candle, I candle with a phone flashlight, is that why I cant see anything? I did a float test, all floated, but not too much. They didnt even move in the float test, the only reason they moved because of the WATER moving, I might be wrong though. Late eggs? Or all duds.... :hit
    I NEED HELP... Im so sad... I wish that I could post an update saying "Yay they hatched" but... will that really happen?

Also, an egg has no visible air sac, but it still floats?
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. robdog

robdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Need more information such as incubator

Sounds to me they had a temperature drop/spike which most likely kill the embryos when developing
    Ive never had a batch that took that long
  3. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I seen a post 12 days ago where you said it was day 7 of incubation - are you sure it's been 21 days?

Also, I see from your posts you are doing a lot of candling/floating - all of this touching and turning and possible bacteria transfer might be a problem... *edit* and it could also extend your incubation time depending how many times you've opened/taken them out of the incubator [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. EggHatcherr

EggHatcherr Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2016
    Okay thanks for telling me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by