Oh puppy of mine....

Pro_Gymnast32

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 10, 2009
West Coast
So I've had my puppy, Finnick, for almost four weeks, and he has discovered this great thing called chicken poop. He eats it every chance he gets and it's just gross, when he is on the leash and tries to eat it I just say a no and quick tug on the leash, but I really don't want him eating it and don't want to tug the leash at him. Any suggestions on how to discourage him?

Also any ideas on what breed he is, he is mixed breed and I am curious to see what others think he looks like, thanks!

He kind of looks like a rhodesian ridgeback mix to me...

As far as the chicken poo eating, I don't think there is any way in the world to stop him from eating it...unless, you can keep him away from it. Dogs will eat poop of any kind...and I really don't think that there is a way to stop them. Some eat more than others. Out of my 4 dogs, I have one female that will just clean up everything...everyone else, I can just tell them to leave it and they will.

He kind of looks like a rhodesian ridgeback mix to me...

As far as the chicken poo eating, I don't think there is any way in the world to stop him from eating it...unless, you can keep him away from it. Dogs will eat poop of any kind...and I really don't think that there is a way to stop them. Some eat more than others. Out of my 4 dogs, I have one female that will just clean up everything...everyone else, I can just tell them to leave it and they will.
x2 You can mix crushed chili peppers in the chickens feed, the chickens don't taste the spicy (they love it actually), but the dogs do! It worked well for my dog.

Back
Top Bottom