Oh, Store Eggs....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AccentOnHakes, Nov 27, 2011.

1. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    We only have two EE's for our small family, one of who is not laying at all, the other who lays about every other day now. Since we had company over for Thanksgiving, my mom asked me to scramble some (store-bought) eggs to use in the fried rice. Sure, no problem.

So I head on over to the sink, give the egg a good thump on the corner of the sink.....

and watch in shock as the contents of the egg slide down the drain.

Oops.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] I know! Had to buy store bought eggs too! Hated it and looking so forward in seeing my girls lay again.

Tasteless, runny, pale yellow eggs......useless to change me!

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe True BYC Addict

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    A friend that lives some distance gets eggs from me occasionally. He always commented how difficult it was to crack them.
    After a while he bought some store eggs and not thinking he slammed one on the counter and it went everywhere.

4. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'd probably do that too! Our refrigerator is OVERFLOWING with eggs!!
    I'm not going to eat any store bought eggs at will now that i've seen the undercover videos taked at Sparboe Famrs. [​IMG] Have any of you seen them?

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Im gonna have to stock up on the eggs next year so I can "tide" me over on those three months of non laying!

Yeah, I pulverized a few store bought eggs.....so fragile that a sight tap would shatter them. What are we getting? Glass eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by