Ohiki Chicken Thread

Pics
Here is another of my Rose combed Ohiki. I need to take some new pictures of him.
Most of my birds are pretty leggy....

For those of you that out crossed to Phoenix- how long did it take to see improvement and are the green legs dominate? I am going to outcross to a yellow legged bird. Thanks

Hi guys
big_smile.png

I hope you do not mind me posting here since my birds are not pure Ohiki. I just wanted to say how much I LOVE these little Fly Tie Ohiki crosses that I hatched from Onagadori last year
love.gif

I have a trio and they are just the sweetest things ever. My one barred hen does not even think she is a chicken and would rather hang with the humans lol.

Here are my cutie pies

Thanks Onagadori
love.gif

Now aren't they precious. Thank you for sharing. It brings joy to my heart to see the birds bringing joy to your life! :) that roo is gorgeous by the way.

For those of you that out crossed to Phoenix- how long did it take to see improvement and are the green legs dominate? I am going to outcross to a yellow legged bird. Thanks
it's a lot quicker to get good phoenix from an ohiki cross than it is to get ohiki from a phoenix out cross. The pheonix just over rides all the good ohiki traits. it will take a lot of back crossing... just stick with it, it'll take time but you can get there if you have good ohiki to cross back to.

Leg wise, it's just like the zip lock backs, yellow and blue make green haha. So if you are crossing to a yellow, just use slate leg birds and it's done...

Well, actually I wanted to keep the yellow legs.I want to cross a white too over some recessive white yoko hens, so I want the curtain of feathering but not the legs. I guess beggars can't be chosey, as they say. But thanks for the help. I've been wanting to work with my white yokos and have finally figured out what direction to go in.

Lisa, the recessive white roo will put extra feathering, and the legs will be longer in the first cross. type will be more like yoko. Yellow legs should be dominant. I crossed them with my American longtails and got some that looked similar to bantam yokos. I hope you will post your results; That white roo is out of good nonmolting cy hyde whites bred to a birchen ohiki that grew a 3 ft tail.

I've never crossed anything into my Ohiki except the first year that I imported them in 2002..I think you are going to find most people that have them have not either. But if they have it may take a while to get the type back. I still do not worry about leg color. Only type and feathering. Then lastly if I have several alike I'll keep the white lobes and green legs. How are things coming along with your birds?...TM

Back
Top Bottom