Ohio National Anyone going?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Country Chick, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Country Chick

Country Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Hello BYC!!!

I was thinking of going to the Ohio National this year. This will be my first time there. Has anyone ever been there? If so, is it worth going to? Thanks

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    This will be my third year going. I just love it. They have every breed of chicken you can imagine, plus ducks, geese, turkeys, some game birds.........You will enjoy it!

If you're close enough to drive and come back in one day that's what I would do. I'm only 2 hours away, but I use the Nationals as an excuse for me and my husband to spend the night down there in a hotel and then go to the show the next day.

This year money is tight, so I think I'll drive down and back in the same day though......

They also have a sale area, with lots of chickens and ducks and such for sale. Check out their website at Ohionational.org for more info.

Sharon

3. Country Chick

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Quote:Thank you Sharon!! I would have to stay the night, I think it is a 5hr drive for me.

4. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    You should probably book your room now, if you are going to stay. I would assume they fill up fast. Just a little thought. If you go to the web page, there are 2 hotels they have listed close to the fair grounds I think its 89$ a night.
    Michele
    I'm going.

5. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Hello Sharron,
    You don't live to far from me, I'm in West Salem

6. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Just made my reservation at the Polaris Garden Inn. They still had a few rooms available at the show rate.

7. woody743

woody743 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Franklin Ohio
    Anyone bringing any Blue Wheaten Ameraucana's or LF Cochins or Lavender orpingtons? I am looking for all of these.

8. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    The back-up to the headquarters hotel is a next door option at the same price. You can get the information at the website ohionational.org

The entry at The OHIO NATIONAL is currently at 4,800. Again, the largest annual poultry show in America.

9. Country Chick

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Thanks everyone!! I feel like a little kid since I am so excited to go.[​IMG] [​IMG]

I am lucky that my sister works for Marriott, so I am able to get her rate for that weekend!!!!

10. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Yeah for you. I have family in Columbus, but I'm only hour and half away. Can't wait.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by