1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK computer professionals... help

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have noticed that my browsing and posting on BYC has SLOWED considerably... then I noticed that before I change or post that is says it is waiting for "reviewum.net"... then it goes to BYC.

Is this spyware or something... how do I get it to stop?

Nifty? Any ideas???

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My fiance is an IT guy and he says it's a hijacker. Download spybot from safer-networking.org. After you download it, click on the get updates key, then click on check for problems. It may take awhile because that program goes through EVERYTHING.

3. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    I don't know much about computers but 15-20 minutes ago BYC was very slow for me also.???

Michele.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What is a hijacker and what are they doing?

5. debilorrah

Trying to place a virus on your machine. Some people have nothing better to do. Get the spybot on ASAP. It will save you in the future too. Seriously. My fiance does this for a living for 5 different locations at work.

6. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
  7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Mine was slow too and everything came up just fine now. Always got the spyware going...you never know who is lurking in the webs lately!

8. debilorrah

Adaware is good too, but spybot will capture everything, adaware catches things that cause pop ups. If you are online alot, spybot is the way to go. It;s what we use at work too.

9. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I have been having the same issue with BYC/SS the last couple of days on and off. I have up to date protection, I think it has been the server?? Not sure though.

10. debilorrah

It could be anything trying to get in. Someone somewhere with nothing better to do than infect computers. I had a major virus on my computer at work and spybot caught it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by